Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SSG-Phase II Group D Results  (Read 3000 times)

BlueMeanie

SSG-Phase II Group D Results
« on: December 02, 2007, 11:59:24 AM »

Here are the results from the fourth, and final round of Phase II.

1. Strawberry Fields Forever   41
2. Here Comes The Sun   22
3. Paperback Writer   18

Those three songs go through to the final.

Here are the unlucky losers:

4. We Can Work It Out   15
5. It Won't Be Long   10
=5. Tomorrow Never Knows   10
7. Can't Buy Me Love   8
8. I've Got A Feeling   6
=8. Drive My Car   6
10. Let It Be   3
=10. I'm A Loser   3
12. Sexy Sadie   2  

Trivia Corner: This is the only group that has been won by a song that wasn't a top seed. (Strawberry Fields Forever came second in it's round).

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: SSG-Phase II Group D Results
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 05:17:36 AM »

Interesting trivia, BM!

Ooh, does anybody else feel the tension? :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 03:59:07 PM »

Strawberry Fields hits the top spot!!, yeah!!! :D

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »

It still perturbs me that snippets of songs that were added to albums merely for effect are attracting worst song votes, while abonomations that were fully intended to be regarded as completed works walk scott free! A traversty!
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 04:47:55 PM »

Quote from: 185
It still perturbs me that snippets of songs that were added to albums merely for effect are attracting worst song votes, while abonomations that were fully intended to be regarded as completed works walk scott free! A traversty!

Agreed. I see no point in voting for Maggie Mae, as it's just an interlude on a soundtrack album. And I actually quite enjoy it. I don't consider Revolution 9 to be a song, nor can I see why anyone would vote for Sie Liebt Dich, just because it's in German. It's still a pretty good tune.

I actually listened to Revolution 9 the other day, for the first time in about 30 years. I quite enjoyed it. People say that Paul was the avant garde one, that was his interest long before John got into it, but Paul never had the nerve to make something AG and stick it on an album! I think I've just paid John Lennon a compliment!!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 06:59:45 PM »

Oh dear, I'm agreeing with both  BlueMeanie and Kevin in the same post. *wears protective head covering*  :o ;D

I'm also tempted to avoid putting any covers as "worst" song, since I think Beatles-written songs are more Beatley than anything they ever covered, except for "Twist and Shout". I'm going to have to really think hard about my worst-song vote-- play them all again and decide where to hit the boys where it hurts. *sniff*
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 07:31:56 PM »

Quote from: 483
I actually listened to Revolution 9 the other day, for the first time in about 30 years. I quite enjoyed it. People say that Paul was the avant garde one, that was his interest long before John got into it, but Paul never had the nerve to make something AG and stick it on an album! I think I've just paid John Lennon a compliment!!

Well, they made Carnival Of Light in early 1967, which was highly experimental as well. It was voted off the album (Sgt Pepper), and I guess it was not Paul's idea to not put it on an album.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 07:47:34 PM »

Quote from: 63

Well, they made Carnival Of Light in early 1967, which was highly experimental as well. It was voted off the album (Sgt Pepper), and I guess it was not Paul's idea to not put it on an album.

It wasn't made for Sgt. Pepper. It was made for a 'Happening' at The Roundhouse. From what I've heard it was just an unrehearsed kind of freak out.

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 07:52:31 PM »

Quote from: 483

It wasn't made for Sgt. Pepper. It was made for a 'Happening' at The Roundhouse. From what I've heard it was just an unrehearsed kind of freak out.

Ah, I assumed they recorded it for Sgt Pepper, being around a that time. But 'a kind of freak out', that can be said of Revolution #9 as well.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 08:02:07 PM »

Quote from: 63

Ah, I assumed they recorded it for Sgt Pepper, being around a that time. But 'a kind of freak out', that can be said of Revolution #9 as well.

Well, I think COL was more of a freak out with instruments. Allegedly!!

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 55 queries.