Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Beatles under a microscope - Abbey Road  (Read 64334 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Beatles under a microscope - Abbey Road
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »

I dont mind it now really but when you were 18 it wasnt considered 'cool' to dig songs like that, and it gave the Stones fans added ammunition to use against The Beatles  ha2ha

Kev, when Abbey Road was released everyone was going around singing "Oh yeah!  Alright!" and tapping each other's head with their fists saying "Bang, Bang."  You should have seen it!

We were also ruining LPs and needles playing Beatles albums backward.  We were cool alright!   ;D
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2012, 11:44:19 PM »

And at the time, Stones fans were running around singing Country Honk in Texas accent.

We were way cooler!      ha2ha

nimrod

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2012, 12:24:27 AM »

And at the time, Stones fans were running around singing Country Honk in Texas accent.

We were way cooler!      ha2ha

childrens songs and when Im 64 wasnt cool in England Barry, Mums & dads liked it, Satisfaction & Paint It Black was  way cool and parents hated it  ha2ha

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 01:03:40 AM »

childrens songs and when Im 64 wasnt cool in England Barry, Mums & dads liked it, Satisfaction & Paint It Black was  way cool and parents hated it  ha2ha
you can't be cereal.  ha2ha
day tripper yeah

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2012, 03:19:40 PM »

Somebody has taken the RockBand tracks and separated the individual tracks.

It is so cool hearing Abbey Road this way, just guitar tracks, drum tracks, etc.

I am sure if you look around on the net you will find this....

http://moggfiles.wordpress.com/
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

nimrod

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2012, 11:55:22 PM »

Cheers for that Gary  ;)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2012, 03:04:26 AM »

Right!  Thank you, Gary!

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2012, 02:41:37 PM »

very cool, just listened to the vocals only for ADITL and it clearly was John doing the "ahhhhhhhhhh"

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2012, 11:15:21 PM »

It was Paul

nimrod

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2012, 11:59:27 PM »

erm, at the risk of sounding like a dumbass (no need for any comments   ;D) how do I listen to these things ? Im missing something here ?

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, 02:41:08 AM »

erm, at the risk of sounding like a dumbass (no need for any comments   ;D) how do I listen to these things ? Im missing something here ?

I have used Audacity for all my audio editing for years, great tool.

Seems like Audacity is meant for these files.  I saw a link at  http://www.casadejoe.com/files/G.%20Morrow/The%20Beatles%20-%20MOGG%20Files/

Then open them in Audacity

nimrod

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2012, 03:23:30 AM »

ahh ok, thanks meanie  ;)

KelMar

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2012, 05:07:30 AM »

I'm updating my Beatles CDs and just got Abbey Road yesterday. What an improvement over my old CD! It made me remember why this shares the number 1 spot with Rubber Soul for me. That medley does it.  :)

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »

My favorite songs from this album are: You Never Give Me Your Money,Golden Slumbers,Polythene Pam (I also wish there were more to this song),Maxwell's Silver Hammer and Here Comes The Sun.Oh! Darling is one of the worst Beatles songs ever,I honestly can't stand it.Other then that this album is pretty good,Octopus's Garden is my favorite Ringo song ever from all his others.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »

Oh! Darling is one of the worst Beatles songs ever,I honestly can't stand it.

Even though I completely do not share your view, I understand how you might feel this way.

Give the song a different perspective. I think I know what Paul was trying to accomplish in this song. If you listen to the vocals, Paul was trying to make a belt-em out screaming song. The piano is fairly simplistic. If you listen to at as a "melodic" song, there is not much there. If you imagine yourself in a small club with a singer and just his piano, the performance takes on a different slant.

This is something about many Beatles songs, that I think some people miss. I probably go on about this ad infinitum, but sometimes you have to take a step back. There are works of art that look horrible from one perspective, then when you look from a different angle and know what was going on in the artist's life and what he/she was attempting to communicate, the art takes on new meaning and can become beautiful. This process sometimes requires work.

I probably bored a few people with the above, and you probably didn't even read it.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »

Even though I completely do not share your view, I understand how you might feel this way.

Give the song a different perspective. I think I know what Paul was trying to accomplish in this song. If you listen to the vocals, Paul was trying to make a belt-em out screaming song. The piano is fairly simplistic. If you listen to at as a "melodic" song, there is not much there. If you imagine yourself in a small club with a singer and just his piano, the performance takes on a different slant.

This is something about many Beatles songs, that I think some people miss. I probably go on about this ad infinitum, but sometimes you have to take a step back. There are works of art that look horrible from one perspective, then when you look from a different angle and know what was going on in the artist's life and what he/she was attempting to communicate, the art takes on new meaning and can become beautiful. This process sometimes requires work.

I probably bored a few people with the above, and you probably didn't even read it.

Very well put. I honestly never thought about the song that way, but I still think it's one of their all-time best. It took me a few listens for it to sink in, but it was worth it.
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2012, 05:18:44 PM »

Oh! Darling is Paul doing some good ol' New Orleans Rhythm and Blues à la Fats Domino...

Ain't That A Shame

Fats Domino - Ain't That A Shame

Blue Monday

Fats Domino - Blue Monday 1957

Oh! Darling (Rehearsal)

The Beatles - Oh! Darling (Twickenham Rehearsals - Day 4)

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2012, 07:47:38 PM »

Oh! Darling is Paul doing some good ol' New Orleans Rhythm and Blues à la Fats Domino...

Ain't That A Shame

Blue Monday

Oh! Darling (Rehearsal)

Thank you, I was kind of thinking that, but couldn't think of examples of the top of my head (or in my head  ???).

nimrod

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2012, 11:18:58 PM »

Good post Gary, I agree with you.  ;yes

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2012, 12:18:38 AM »

Thank you, I was kind of thinking that, but couldn't think of examples of the top of my head (or in my head  ???).

I like this rehearsal version of Oh! Darling better than the released take...

The Beatles - oh darling RARE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Page created in 0.594 seconds with 82 queries.