Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hmmmmm...  (Read 4617 times)

nimrod

Hmmmmm...
« on: August 24, 2013, 12:04:11 AM »

'I haven't broken it off, but it is broken off, finished.

I know it sounds corny, but we still see each other and love each other, but it hasn't worked out. Perhaps we'll be childhood sweethearts and meet again and get married when we're about 70.'

Jane Asher
Dee Time
20 July 1968
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Hmmmmm...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 12:20:52 AM »

Paul Mccartney - For No One(the beatles)

I can stay till it's time to go

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 03:50:18 AM »

Love is complicated....Or rather it shouldnt be for it is complicated its not love.

Perhaps we'll be childhood sweethearts and meet again and get married when we're about 70.'
I promised something along the same lines to my first boyfriend..... Frankly, I still stand by it (not sure its a good thing though)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 04:08:01 AM »

Love is complicated....Or rather it shouldnt be for it is complicated its not love.

You've learned what love is.  It's not an easy lesson to learn.

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 07:06:51 AM »

That is interesting Kevin. I was always under the impression that she never talked to the media about Paul. I guess she adopted that policy as time went on. I've always felt a lot of sympathy for Jane Asher. It's hard enough when a relationship ends but to be the spotlight, not to mention the fact that their relationship was immortalized in some of the most popular songs ever written.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 10:48:42 AM »

Where is this from, by the way?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 09:09:05 PM »

KE, Simon Dee was interviewing Jane Asher on his BBC-TV show "Dee Time" in July 1968.  He asked her about the public announcement recently made that her engagement to Paul was off.  That was her response.

Four months earlier, they were interviewed by Richard Whitmore for BBC-News just after they returned from Rishikesh...

Paul McCartney & Jane Asher Interview [26th March '1968]

Either Jane Asher was jet-lagged or she just wanted to detach herself from the whole scene.  Other than the Jane Asher interview, I can't remember any time after their break-up that Jane or Paul commented on ther relationship.

nimrod

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »

That is interesting Kevin. I was always under the impression that she never talked to the media about Paul. I guess she adopted that policy as time went on. I've always felt a lot of sympathy for Jane Asher. It's hard enough when a relationship ends but to be the spotlight, not to mention the fact that their relationship was immortalized in some of the most popular songs ever written.

Ive always felt sorry for Jane too Kelley, to arrive home after being away for work, the excitement of seeing your fiancée after missing them for weeks, only to find them in bed with someone else must be devastating

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 03:33:07 AM »

Thanks for the video HG :)

Ive always felt sorry for Jane too Kelley, to arrive home after being away for work, the excitement of seeing your fiancée after missing them for weeks, only to find them in bed with someone else must be devastating
That sounds alot like what John and Yoko did to Cynthia. I was never aware that Paul or Jane cheated on the other...? I certainly have alot of readings to do!

nimrod

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 09:33:21 AM »

Thanks for the video HG :)
That sounds alot like what John and Yoko did to Cynthia. I was never aware that Paul or Jane cheated on the other...? I certainly have alot of readings to do!

theres no doubt in my mind KE that both J & P were complete bastards to their women, Paul had apparently dozens of women whilst Jane was on tour, Francine Schwartz was in his bed with him the day she arrived home, of course we all know what John did to Cyn, which in my mind is deplorable

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 11:39:09 PM »

I certainly have alot of readings to do!

Francine Schwartz was in his bed with him the day she arrived home

Careful what you read.  Francie Schwartz has a few roos loose in the top paddock.  She claims to have had affairs with G. Gordon Liddy and Barbara Streisand.

Bobber

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 12:01:57 AM »

To be young and have that much snatch thrown at you, it would be almost impossible not to cheat.

Page created in 0.504 seconds with 65 queries.