Solo forums > George Harrison

Where Were You?

<< < (20/23) > >>

Gary910:

--- Quote from: Normandie on April 05, 2011, 06:59:49 PM ---
I'm starting to feel old, too, reading some of these posts.  ;)

--- End quote ---

We are not old, they are just young. It was only (actually less than) ten years ago.

7 of 13:
it was a very sad day for me.

PaulieBear:
Wow, has it been 10 years! Right? I believe I was only in 3rd grade, so I had yet to appreciate good music.

chimac:
I remember where I was when George passed like it was yesterday.

My brother had come into town to visit earlier in the day, and we went to out to a "happening" downtown bar for a couple of drinks.  At some point during the conversation, I caught images of George flash across one of the TV's in the bar with a news crawler on the bottom.  Before I read anything, I knew what had happened.  I remember my brother just continued talking the rest of the night (he was never big on the Beatles), but I didn't hear another word he said.  His last album "Brainwashed", which was excellent IMO, brings me right back to that whole period.  I mentioned George's one-of-a-kind ability to convey emotion with his slide playing; Marwa Blues gets me everytime.

Even though most Beatlemaniacs knew it was coming--there were widespread rumors that he was critical in those leading months--you still can't prepare for it.  You half expected he would come out ok.  He was the youngest Beatle, after all.

A little off-tangent, but if Paul stays upright for another 10 years (and no reason to think he won't)...he will have lived TWO of John Lennon's lifetimes.  Crazy.

BeatlesForever:
Hi everyone! I hate remembering this but I know EXACTLY where I was when John Lennon and George Harrison died. I still have both original newspapers from both The Sacramento Bee and The Sacramento Union on both of their deaths. According to The Sacramento Bee, dated Friday, 30 November 2001, George Harrison died Thursday afternoon at 1:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time on 29 November 2001 at a friend's house (Possibly Paul McCartney's L.A. home) in Los Angeles, California. I also read that Brian Wilson was one of the many friends that saw George in L.A. before he died. I was living in Sacramento, California at the time when I heard the news of George's death. I was at my desk at work when I heard the news. Take care.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version