Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Anthology 3 is the Best ?  (Read 6587 times)

Anthology 3 is the Best ?
« on: October 19, 2007, 10:35:51 AM »

Anthology 3 is my favourite album out of the 3 Anthology albums i find it such a great collection  , i think the mix of takes and unreleased tracks is brilliant . Side one is great it's such a good listen ? and side 2 is even better i hear something different  everytime i  play it  ? was listening to  " Come And Get It " this morning and marvelling at Paul's musicianship, what a great song and  all created in under an hour ?
Anyone else think it's the best out of the 3 Anthology albums  ?

DaveRam :)

BlueMeanie

Re: Anthology 3 is the Best ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 10:42:37 AM »

For me it's got to be Anth. 1. Especially Disc 1. All that pre-Beatles stuff. Pete Best, Stuart Sutcliffe. What more could you want?

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 10:44:52 AM »

Silly me ive posted this in songs it should be albums , that will teach me to smoke a joint for breakfast  ;D Help !
I need to lie down :D

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 10:47:39 AM »

Maybe a nice admin man will move it for you.

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 10:48:43 AM »

Mmm. I'll think it over.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 10:56:12 AM »

Thank you Bobber :)

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 11:06:03 AM »

Quote from: 483
For me it's got to be Anth. 1. Especially Disc 1. All that pre-Beatles stuff. Pete Best, Stuart Sutcliffe. What more could you want?

True BlueMeanie , but i like 3 better it's more individual i can see George's growth as a song writer ?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 11:14:44 AM »

They're all worth having. For dipping in and out of, now and then. Like having good quality bootlegs.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 03:58:11 PM »

Dave, Anthology 3 holds together pretty well (and I even like all the insipient tracks of #1 --which really brings to light the early "urgency" of their budding career), but of all the "Anthology moments" in the entire trilogy, I must say I love the best #2's spotlight on the evolution of John's "Strawberry Fields Forever"--showing it in all it's phases of creative development in sequential order (from the rough personal tape to the final Abbey Road configuration everyone now knows) Amazing...and historic. It's a high point on the collection IMO

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 09:59:03 PM »

Anthology 2 was & still is my fav of the lot! I remember buying it &
listening endlessly to it! :) I was dissapointed in Anth 1 as i think it
was quite shabbly put together. Anthology 3 is good, but there's better
bootleg's out there, but then again too many! :o

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 12:36:22 AM »

I only have Ant 1 & 2, I still have to buy the third volume. I really want it, but it's hard to find the import now here in Argentina. (I don't want the national edition, the import has a better cover quality!)
I suppose the Disc 1 from Anthology 3 must be great! It's like an alternative White Album!  :)
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 02:18:22 AM »

I enjoy #2 the best.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2007, 03:00:14 AM »

me too. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 10:27:04 AM »

Quote from: 829
Dave, Anthology 3 holds together pretty well (and I even like all the insipient tracks of #1 --which really brings to light the early "urgency" of their budding career), but of all the "Anthology moments" in the entire trilogy, I must say I love the best #2's spotlight on the evolution of John's "Strawberry Fields Forever"--showing it in all it's phases of creative development in sequential order (from the rough personal tape to the final Abbey Road configuration everyone now knows) Amazing...and historic. It's a high point on the collection IMO

I agree with you  Kev about the evolution of  " Strawberry Fields "  you can almost hear Lennon's brain ticking  :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 01:19:47 PM »

Quote from: 679

I agree with you  Kev about the evolution of  " Strawberry Fields "  you can almost hear Lennon's brain ticking  :)

I agree with you two. The three version of 'Strawberry' are the best of the second Anthology.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

ShesCominDownFastYesSheIs

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 08:03:41 PM »

Quote from: 713

I agree with you two. The three version of 'Strawberry' are the best of the second Anthology.

I'm on board with you guys here. In fact, I thought that those three tracks weren't enough! My personal favorite from bootlegs is take 25 with just the cellos, horns, and drums.
It's great...it sold...it's the bloody Beatles' White Album, shut up

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 11:01:54 AM »

The second Anthology is far and away my favorite of the three. Great period there with the Rubber Soul through Magical Mystery Tour extras.
"Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 11:18:26 AM »

Yeah, but there's something really bad about the Anthology 2. I mean, it was the first anthology (and only?... I don't have the 3rd volume...) to include those 'remixes'. For example, 'Taxman' or 'Penny Lane' sounds almost the same as the released versions.
I know the outro on Penny Lane is exclusively on the Anthology 2, but what the hell is the difference in 'Taxman'? Somebody please tell me!  ::)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 03:40:22 PM »

Quote from: 713
but what the hell is the difference in 'Taxman'? Somebody please tell me!  ::)

Quite a bit actually. There are some guitar parts that have not been mixed out. The backing vocals sing 'anybody got a bit of money' instead of the 'Mr Wilson, Mr Heath' vocals. The ending is also very different. There is a 'clean' ending instead of the fade out with the guitar solo.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2007, 09:23:14 PM »

Quote from: 483

Quite a bit actually. There are some guitar parts that have not been mixed out. The backing vocals sing 'anybody got a bit of money' instead of the 'Mr Wilson, Mr Heath' vocals. The ending is also very different. There is a 'clean' ending instead of the fade out with the guitar solo.

Yeah, they just made it slightly different, change the backing vocals &
decided to fade it out.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 84 queries.