Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Paul's new album due early 2018  (Read 4832 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
Paul's new album due early 2018
« on: December 31, 2017, 02:54:41 PM »

Looking forward to this, I know some on here likely will not but there was plenty on "New" that I enjoyed.

http://bestclassicbands.com/paul-mccartney-new-album-2018-12-28-17/

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
Re: Paul's new album due early 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 11:30:18 PM »

Always exciting to await a new release by Paul. I think "NEW" was his best album for some years and will take some beating.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:40:29 AM »

I’ll wait with a mixture of anticipation and trepidation. Antrepidation

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 03:55:41 PM »

Oh wow, that's soon! I read the "due early 2018" and thought it was a whole year away because I keep forgetting it's 2018 already! How dumb I am, lol.

Thanks for sharing!
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

BeatleChick

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 01:31:12 AM »

Great news!!
Peace, Love, and Beatles!

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 09:36:43 PM »

I’ll wait with a mixture of anticipation and trepidation. Antrepidation

We might get a prequel to Driving Rain.

Anteprecipitation.

OK, I'll get my coat (and umbrella)....

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 08:23:14 AM »

I'm still waiting; where is it?

Any release date news that I've missed?

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 10:27:47 AM »

more and more being written about it, read somewhere he has started teasing it on his site and social.  My guess is late summer?

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 05:43:12 PM »

"Come On To Me" is forgettable and not good in my opinion.  The lyrics are silly and a familiar example of whats wrong with a lot of Paul tunes.  Sounds like Paul is playing the skins too.

"I Dont Know" - I dont know yet either.  The music started out and I was all happy as it sounded good and deep and then the singing started.  I think Pauls in this trend where all of his songs are sounding the same with his plodding along voice, but i'm not sure I should be expecting more from a 76 year old.  This song has nice harmonies though and I do like the music.  Might take me awhile to fall into favor with this one.

Bobber

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 08:00:17 AM »

I can see what you mean Todd. I must admit I have a soft spot for Paul and the fact that he is still in the business at 76. That is pretty amazing. On the other hand, I don't see his music improving, changing or at least stay on the same level since Chaos And Creation.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 11:11:11 AM »

I can see what you mean Todd. I must admit I have a soft spot for Paul and the fact that he is still in the business at 76. That is pretty amazing. On the other hand, I don't see his music improving, changing or at least stay on the same level since Chaos And Creation.

The Fireman I thought was an improvement on his 'middle of the road' recent albums.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 11:25:33 AM »

"Come On To Me" is forgettable and not good in my opinion.  The lyrics are silly and a familiar example of whats wrong with a lot of Paul tunes.  Sounds like Paul is playing the skins too.

"I Dont Know" - I dont know yet either.  The music started out and I was all happy as it sounded good and deep and then the singing started.  I think Pauls in this trend where all of his songs are sounding the same with his plodding along voice, but i'm not sure I should be expecting more from a 76 year old.  This song has nice harmonies though and I do like the music.  Might take me awhile to fall into favor with this one.

we've disagreed on his more recent offerings like the New album.  That grew on me, but I agree with the plodding voice comment on both these songs.  "I don't know" sounds like it is going to have his full range ballad, but then his voice falls flat.  I just now listened again, the plodding is ok, it is the message that bothers me on this, my third listen.  Depressing message.  Where is upbeat Paul?  On New, the song "the road" was a sad retaliation look back at the good ol days, contrasting what people thought/said about them vs his recollections.  It was in same voice but song had more edge to it.  I don't know just plods.

"Come on to me" - catchy enough, can see it being part of my playlists, except it is very singular sound/rhythm  throughout.  No big McC change to create song within song. 

When New came out, first releases were New and Queenie Eye.  Neither of those were my favorites so holding out hope for a few nuggets still on balance of album.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 08:39:20 PM »

On first listen they both seem ok songs. Nothing great but not embarrassing either. Interesting to see if they grow on me.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 07:22:17 AM »

First listens seem ok to me.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 10:18:59 PM »

I Don’t Know is growing on me. It’s got a nice groove to it. It’s no Hey Jude but I’m happy enough for it to pop up on a playlist.

Come on to Me remains ok if a bit silly.

KelMar

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 02:24:42 AM »

Come on to Me remains ok if a bit silly.

The Beatles channel on Sirius XM keeps playing that. I’m getting to like it. Why don’t they play I Don’t Know? I don’t know.

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 02:29:37 PM »

I should have been checking Paul's Spotify channel more often. New Beatley music. Fantastic! Listening now.

Come on to Me is sounding good. A bit silly as mentioned, but catchy. A bit McCartney II-ish, in a good way. It could easily have been a song on a Ringo album.

I was hoping that Greg Kurstin would bring some more catchiness back to Paul, as Beck's 'Colors' and even Liam Gallagher's album are as catchy as well.

I Don't Know starting now. Nice piano ballad with some nice bass playing. Middle 8 (?) sounding a bit Wings-ish, again in a good, Red Rose Speedway, way. The structure is developing more. EDIT: Not sure there's anything like that on RRS, but somehow it strikes me as being stylistically compatible. He was getting more smooth by RRS, but less serious than he was post BotR.

Release on the 7th of September? Could be tricky as I'm travelling that day. Buy it on Amazon and then download using airport WiFi?

Spotify segued into 'Dear Boy' after playing the two tracks. They fit very well.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:41:11 PM by NotTheWalrus »

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 04:39:54 PM »

I don't enjoy being negative but the two tracks really showcase Paul painting by numbers. At least "Come On To Me" has a bit of fizz to it, though it's the sort of thing he could peddle with his eyes shut. "I Don't Know" might as well be re-titled "Past It", because that's how he sounds.

I'm even disappointed with the lazy album cover... it's a poor man's "Gone Troppo".

Let's hope one or two typically hidden gems can redeem things once the whole album is available.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.656 seconds with 82 queries.