Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Which song sounds the trippiest?  (Read 11640 times)

ringo rules

• Getting Better
Re: Which song sounds the trippiest?
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 12:10:58 AM »

Nah that was too harsh
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 12:28:17 AM »

Juniors alright guys. I dont know about any personal vandettas, but he's always been decent to me.

Back to the topic,,,,I voted for 'I Am The Walrus'. I think its a psychedelic masterpiece and pretty trippy. My other vote would go to 'I'm Only Sleeping'. I love its atmospheric sound.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 01:16:32 AM »

Don't Be Long or Sun King or Rain for me.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 03:24:40 AM »

Quote from: An_Apple_Beatle
Don't Be Long or Sun King or Rain for me.

Don't Be Long, most definitely.

I can stay till it's time to go

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 07:04:57 AM »

I thought the song was called Blue Jay Way. For second I thought there may be a beatles song I dont know ;D

Bobber

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 07:51:42 AM »

Quote from: tkitna
Juniors alright guys. I dont know about any personal vandettas, but he's always been decent to me.

If there's any personal thing going on, I suggest to discuss it off-board. This is a place to discuss and debate, not to swear... Well, that is my opinion. Please, try to accept and maybe even respect eachother and eachother's opinion. Think twice before posting something harsh. It's not so difficult...   8)  Love and peace, remember?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 10:49:06 AM »

Thats what i'm saying. I'm not aware of the tensions between junior and other people (if there even is any), but I find it hard to believe that Junior would hold any kind of grudge, but whatever.

Also, dont let the mod title change who you are bobber. Trust me, power corupts sometimes. This is coming from experience.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 10:50:51 AM »

dead men tell no tales........

Bobber

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 10:54:38 AM »

I'm not changing anything... Just trying to be honest as always. That has nothing to do with corruption. This is a clash that's been going on for quite a while and I think it's about time it comes to an end.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 02:37:36 PM »

'All gone over my head as I' trippin instead.'....Stick that in your lyric book courtesy of The Chancers,. ;o) Peace & Love y'all. :)

I thought this forum would be safe as milk but it seems to have gone sour.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »

i dont want any bad blood with any of you but juniors seems to bash alot of my recent threads and i dont know why. if i angered any of you, i'm sorry. but let's put the past behind us and not let this drag on any longer
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 05:15:24 PM »

Tomorrow Never Knows is a song about meditation. It was adapted from 'The Tibetan Book of the Dead' By an acid tripping Lennon.

George says in the anthology that he wasn't sure if John knew he was singing about meditation when he recorded the song.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2006, 06:10:28 PM »

but according to "Hard Day's Write" the point of the song was to put an acid trip in a song. so that would make it the actual trippy song.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It's not about putting an acid trip into a song. It is from the Tibetan book of the dead. Still trippy.

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2006, 07:23:18 PM »

Quote from: somedude210
i decided with Lucy in the sky with diamonds. cause when i think trippy, i think cellephane flowers of yellow and green towering over your head.

What about "sitting in an English garden waiting for the sun? If the sun dont come you get a tan from standing in the English rain.."(rainbow1)

I chose Tomorrow never knows, the sound of this song is definately the tripiest, (with strawberry no2)  but if it comes to the lyrics, I'd chose LSD.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2006, 10:10:29 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
It's not about putting an acid trip into a song. It is from the Tibetan book of the dead. Still trippy.

true, the lyrics are from the Tibetan book of the dead. but john's intention for the song was to turn an acid trip into a song, so that you could trip without actually tripping. but yes, the lyrics are not acid related.

timothy leary would be proud of this thread ;D

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2006, 10:56:59 PM »

Quote from: somedude210

true, the lyrics are from the Tibetan book of the dead. but john's intention for the song was to turn an acid trip into a song, so that you could trip without actually tripping. but yes, the lyrics are not acid related.

timothy leary would be proud of this thread ;D

Wrong. Here's the deal: Tomorrow Never Knows
"Tomorrow Never Knows" is the final track of The Beatles' 1966 studio album Revolver, but it was the first to be recorded for the album. Though the songwriting credit is Lennon-McCartney, the song was written primarily by John Lennon, closely adapted from Timothy Leary's book based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead. It is regarded as one of the first pieces of psychedelia, including highly compressed drums, reverse guitar, processed vocals and looped tape effects. Lennon told producer George Martin that he wished to sound as if he were the Dalai Lama singing from a mountain top. Geoff Emerick wired Lennon's voice through a Leslie speaker, thus obtaining the desired effect. (Lennon's earlier idea, to have a thousand Tibetan monks come to Abbey Road and chant on the record, was passed on as unfeasible.)

The song's lyrics dwell on spiritual aspects and are not readily interpreted, but the Indian philosophy behind the song is quite apparent[citation needed].

The title never actually appears in the song's lyrics, but was instead taken from Ringo Starr's interesting collection of malapropisms. Lennon chose to do this because he was embarrassed about the spiritual theme of the lyrics in the song, so he decided to give the song a throwaway title. The piece was originally titled "Mark I", although "The Void" was at one point a working title.

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2006, 11:04:54 PM »

Great facts there Junior. I would of liked to hear it with the Tibetan monks chanting.

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 12:12:46 AM »

Check it, my friend. If this is true, it's got to be one of my favorite favorite Beatlefacts. Check it: The song is the first by The Beatles to feature experimentation (in this case brought on by Paul McCartney) with tape loops. Many of the more prominent loops sound somewhat like laughing seagulls (Paul McCartney's laughter played backwards and sped up) and an Indian musical instrument. How the f*** cool is that. I know there is the 'Hammer Of The Gods', but nothing, NOTHING, compares to the Beatles Reality,l Myth, Legend, Jesus.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2006, 12:27:57 AM »

i was wrong, sorry bout that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 81 queries.