Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Message re: Penny Lane barber shop memorabilia  (Read 1993 times)

Message re: Penny Lane barber shop memorabilia
« on: October 07, 2008, 02:43:52 PM »

I thought I could contact you about a slightly unusual Beatles rarity I have...

I have recently acquired the bricks from the famous Penny Lane Barbershop on Penny Lane, Liverpool.  Due to subsidence, the main bulk of the two storey building had to be demolished in May 2008.  Each of these bricks has been preserved after a careful demolition.

The glass front of the shop still stands, and is now mainly made up of plastic due to tourists removing tiny fragments of the building as mementos over the years!

The barbershop is obviously still very popular because it is mentioned in the song "Penny Lane".  It is situated just by the bus stops in the Mossley Hill area of Liverpool - John would often get off the bus here from school and nip into the barbers for a haircut.  The Magical Mystery Tour and various taxi tours stop off at the barbershop on a daily basis to have photos taken inside and to walk along Penny Lane.

I can provide the following as proof of authenticity:

-Structural Engineer's Report
-Council Building Inspector's Report

I have photographic evidence of both the demolition in progress and the condition of the bricks now.

There are approximately 2500 individual bricks from a two-storey demolition.  The whole lot is due to be auctioned in London later in the autumn.

If you think you know people who may be interested in enquiring about acquisition of the bricks, or have any questions, you can contact me or my colleague Peter on this email address:  john989898@hotmail.com

Best wishes,

John Porter
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Message re: Penny Lane barber shop memorabilia
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 03:27:13 PM »

I'll pass on the bricks, but I'll have a four of fish and finger pies.

I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 38 queries.