Beatles forums > Films, TV Shows, Interviews

A Hard Day's Night

(1/7) > >>

Wayne L.:
A Hard Day's Night defines the Beatles of the early 60's just as much as their first Ed Sullivan appearance & Shea Stadium in fact even more so.  This classic rock movie is a gem for its time capturing John, Paul, George & Ringo at the height of Beatlemania with their haircuts, their attitude & their music in full force.  I saw AHDN for the first time way back in 76 when I was 12 years old which knocked me out as a Beatles fan. I think if it would have been made in color instead of black & white the magic of the early 60's would have been lost personally speaking.  A Hard Day's Night is a solid rock & roll movie which is timeless with the Beatles proving why they are legends before it was true.  

Ivo:
Nope...can't find one thing about your post I disagree with.  Let's just be thankful Ted Turner didn't get his hands on this while he was going colorization crazy with old movies in the 80's.

JimColyer:
I agree too.  A Hard Day's Night is a classic by any standard.  Help! lost something by being in color.  The James Bond parody is silly.  The one constant about The Beatles is that they made great records from start to finish.  The Let It Be film is out of print which surprised me.  It shows the group breaking down, but anything about The Beatles is interesting.
http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=61

:
Great movie. Brilliant dialogue.

:
I just saw it today for the first time (It's my birthday). I don't think it's as good as Help! or Yellow Submarine. I love how Beatles films are always so random though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version