Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Picked up some goodies today  (Read 1713 times)

BeatlesandBud

• One And One Is Two
  • Nowhere Man
Picked up some goodies today
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:28:36 PM »

;D This girl I just met was in my city today and she wanted me to go shopping with her. I said fine as long as I could go to the music store :) I don't normally splurge like this but she had me in a shopping mood. I bought Rubber Soul on CD. It was very expensive but the main photo alone (pictured) on the inside made it worth it.
I also got Abbey Road on record. I don't even have a record player so I don't know what I'm going to do with this but it was just so freakin' COOL that i couldn't pass it up. Finally I found this Paul McCartney cd. Can anyone tell me anything about it??

Here's a picture of me with my new Abbey Road record in front of my Abbey Road poster wearing my Abbey Road tshirt...LOL I like to fancy myself as having Beatles hair, what do you all think ? :P
In my opinion, the Beatles are not only the greatest musical act of all time, but also mankind's crowning artistic achievement.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Picked up some goodies today
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 02:30:55 AM »

You did alright today, BeatlesandBud.  That gatefold picture you like is from this session:

The Beatles- Day Tripper

Yeah, you got a pudding basin haircut like The Beatles.  Also like Eric Burdon...

Eric Burdon - The Animals - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place

The Animals - It' s My Life (1965) HD & HQ

Be proud of that! 
I can stay till it's time to go

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »

Finally I found this Paul McCartney cd. Can anyone tell me anything about it??

The CD is 'Chaos and Creation in the Backyard'. Its a solo effort from 2005 with Nigel Godrich (Radiohead, Beck) at the producers chair. Its one of my top 5 favorite Paul albums ever. I feel its an honest effort and Nigel kept a tight leash on him. Very melodic album and thats what Pauls best at. No rockers, but a couple cute tunes like 'Fine Line', and 'English Tea', but mostly mature tunes with sweet hooks. I think 'Too Much Rain' is one of his best songs since the 70's. Love the album and now I want to listen to it. Enjoy and let us know what you think.

BeatlesandBud

• One And One Is Two
  • Nowhere Man
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 02:04:39 AM »

The CD is 'Chaos and Creation in the Backyard'. Its a solo effort from 2005 with Nigel Godrich (Radiohead, Beck) at the producers chair. Its one of my top 5 favorite Paul albums ever. I feel its an honest effort and Nigel kept a tight leash on him. Very melodic album and thats what Pauls best at. No rockers, but a couple cute tunes like 'Fine Line', and 'English Tea', but mostly mature tunes with sweet hooks. I think 'Too Much Rain' is one of his best songs since the 70's. Love the album and now I want to listen to it. Enjoy and let us know what you think.

I've had one listen through, and I do like it! My favorite song was riding to vanity fair, although I'm sure that will change with some more listens
In my opinion, the Beatles are not only the greatest musical act of all time, but also mankind's crowning artistic achievement.

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 46 queries.