Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Apple  (Read 3156 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Apple
« on: December 18, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »

I was re reading one of my books the other day and found it interesting to suggest our george was really responsible for the trade name Apple records! I've heard Paul suggest that the name came from the fact that "no one can say anything bad about an apple" but... It seems that George could never  come up with a title for his songs! During Revolver he was asked what the title of his new song was and he replied " I don't know". Geoff Emerick is said to have titled it "Granny Smith" off the top of his head. From there it became "Love You Too". When it came to I Want" To Tell You he had the same problem which Lennon replied "Granny Friggin' Smith ,Part 2". Emerick gave it the temporary title " Laxton's Superb" untill George came up with the final title.
I think George can have the credit for the title Apple in my book. In many ways he is the quietish soul of the Beatles!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Bobber

Re: Apple
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 08:55:12 AM »

Well, in a way you could state that in fact Geoff Emerick was responsible for the title...

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Apple
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »

Well, in a way you could state that in fact Geoff Emerick was responsible for the title...
Your right.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 37 queries.