Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ringo Starr : solo artist  (Read 2645 times)

Wayne L.

Ringo Starr : solo artist
« on: May 25, 2004, 09:55:56 AM »

I think Ringo Starr is one ofthe greatest rock dummers of all time even though he's highly underrated for some reason while as a solo artist he has had the most ups & downs after the breakup of the Beatles but he has picked himself up with his All Starr Band which goes without saying.  I have listened to some of Ringo's solo albums but not all of them while I would say that his greatest hits compilation Blast From The Past is his finest as a solo artist which isn't too usual considering it has all his classic gems from It Don't Come Easy, Back Off Boogaloo, Photograph & my personal favorite No No Song.  Rotogravure, Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy are three of the worst albums by a former Beatle & in the history of rock & roll without a doubt which weren't too impressive since he seemed lost as a solo artist & in his legend at the time even though A Dose Of Rock & Roll is a great song kind of similiar to his early 70's classics.  I'm looking forward to listening to Beaucoups Of Blues, his only solo masterpiece Ringo & Goodnight Vienna when I get the chance along with his recent albums Time Takes Time, Vertical Man & Ringorama but his live box set with his All Starr Band which was released about 2 years ago is what I'm looking forward to listening to the most & his latest live album 2003.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Ringo Starr : solo artist
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 10:09:19 AM »

Ringo came out with a live box set of his All-Star concerts? I'm not sure I would really want to hear the same songs rehashed by a bunch of different artists over and over on three or four discs, but then again, I havent looked it up to see what the song lists were either.

slick rick

• Getting Better
  • bakers dozen
Re: Ringo Starr : solo artist
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 03:24:16 AM »

on a clear day you can see detroit.........
well its saturday night and i just got paid

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 41 queries.