Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Beatles to Release a Limited-Edition Box Set of Their Christmas Holiday Mess  (Read 8466 times)

Kagome

• A Beginning
  • Recording Engineer Toshiba EMI & Capitol EMI

The Beatles to Release a Limited-Edition Box Set of Their Christmas Holiday Messages for the first time  since they was release for the fan club on December 15 2017  It's going be called Happy Christmas Beatles People                                                                                                         

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8022373/the-beatles-christmas-albums-limited-edition-box-set

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages

Another dust collector ?
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhTkHapRa8k" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhTkHapRa8k</a>

Guest appearance by Tiny Tim singing Nowhere Man.    ;D

Another dust collector ?

I reckon so, mate.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

I’m afraid I’m going to have to pass on this pricey offering!

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023

They’re a bit of fun but doubt it’d be something I’d play more than once.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

I like how The Beatles Christmas flexi-record labels retained the original Beatles drum head logo over the years...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

They’re a bit of fun but doubt it’d be something I’d play more than once.

I reckon you don't care for Tiny Tim's rendition of Nowhere Man, Moog.  ;)

Well maybe you'll like him singing I Got You Babe with Eleanor Barooshian (Chelsea Lee)...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gczdgI3wZbo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gczdgI3wZbo</a>

The 60s were really something else!  ;D

Kagome

• A Beginning
  • Recording Engineer Toshiba EMI & Capitol EMI

Here is what the boxset looks like

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

^

I remember my sister getting a few of those Christmas Message flexi-records when she was a Beatles Fan Club member back in the late 60s.  I remember not being able to understand what John was rambling on about.  Perhaps I wasn't in the right state of mind to do so.  But it was fun getting them in the mail and listening to them.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023

I reckon you don't care for Tiny Tim's rendition of Nowhere Man, Moog.  ;)

Well maybe you'll like him singing I Got You Babe with Eleanor Barooshian (Chelsea Lee)...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gczdgI3wZbo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gczdgI3wZbo</a>

The 60s were really something else!  ;D

There must be a picture of Tiny Tim next to the  word unique in the dictionary.

I have to be brutally honest and say his version of Nowhere Man I do not consider definitive.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:53:12 AM by Moogmodule »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

I have to be brutally honest and say his version of Nowhere Man I do not consider definitive.

Well, The Beatles seemed to like it anyway.

Let see if his original 1968 recording Live! at The Royal Albert Hall was any better...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM5Idt_wsro" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM5Idt_wsro</a>

KelMar

There must be a picture of Tiny Tim next to the  word unique in the dictionary.

There’s a diner down the road from here where they are happy to show anyone who asks the scrapbook from the time Tiny plowed into the side of the building. As for his version of “Nowhere Man”, the first time I heard him on that Christmas record I thought it was Paul doing an impression of him. It was very puzzling but slightly less after I looked it up.  ;D

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

^

I can just picture him getting out of the car and apologizing profusely to the owners.    ;D

Maybe they should have left the damage unrepaired with his car sticking in the wall.  That diner could have been a landmark.  People from all over the world would come just to have a look and get something to eat while they were at it.

I like the I Got You Babe duet he sang with Eleanor Barooshian.  It was very touching in its own way.  How she kept from cracking up is beyond me.  She was a real pro.

Bobber

We used to have an annual link to download the whole thing.

KelMar

^

I can just picture him getting out of the car and apologizing profusely to the owners.    ;D

Maybe they should have left the damage unrepaired with his car sticking in the wall.  That diner could have been a landmark.  People from all over the world would come just to have a look and get something to eat while they were at it.

They would have needed a new entrance because he crashed into the door!

I like the I Got You Babe duet he sang with Eleanor Barooshian.  It was very touching in its own way.  How she kept from cracking up is beyond me.  She was a real pro.

Knowing a bit of the backstory of this makes it more endearing. He was interesting, to say the least.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

They would have needed a new entrance because he crashed into the door!

I guess he was in a hurry to get in.

Knowing a bit of the backstory of this makes it more endearing. He was interesting, to say the least.

Yeah, Kelley.  The backstory there is interesting.  Eleanor Barooshian was only 17 or 18 years old when the documentary was filmed.  They show it every so often on PBS.  She was a fantastic singer and songwriter as a teenager.  She looked great at age 20 when she sang in Ginger Baker's jazz band...

<sigh>

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

Important as far as this thread is concerned is what's mentioned in the press release Kagome posted:

The Beatles previously announced that the Ron Howard-Beatles film The Beatles: Eight Days A Week – The Touring Years will premiere Nov. 25 on PBS. The documentary, which has won both Emmy and Grammy Awards, follows The Beatles in concert from their earliest days to the final show at Candlestick Park in San Francisco in 1966 and was previously shown on Hulu. The broadcast will be followed by the encore broadcast of Sgt. Pepper’s Musical Revolution, hosted by Howard Goodall, which looks at the creation of the album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. Check your local schedule for exact times.

Additionally, The Beatles Channel on SiriusXM will also present a special Eight Days a Week episode of their The Fab Fourum series hosted by Dennis Elsas and Bill Flanagan from 9 to 11 p.m. ET Nov. 15, before the PBS airing of the film.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot

Ohh, great; thanks!  icon_good

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Kevin

All You Need Is Love
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.023 seconds with 79 queries.