Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: In My Life & Wingspan  (Read 4665 times)

Wayne L.

In My Life & Wingspan
« on: June 08, 2004, 08:41:24 PM »

I read the Pete Shotten book In My Life about a year after it was published at the library which is one of the finest books about John I have ever read personally speaking from one of his buddies because it didn't turn him into a saint like most books about him at the time since it showed the real Lennon being the rock & roll rebel that he was in his personality & in his attitude towards the Beatles & Yoko from Shotten's perspective without any spin which is what made it interesting. 

I was just looking at the Wingspan book at a local media store since I plan on reading it when I get he chance at the library while the Wings documentary on television back in 01 was kind of boring to be honest with you since it was more Paul talking about those days with his band Wings & after the breakup of the Beatles without any music mostly except for the CD compilation itself but I was looking at those pictures of McCartney in the early 70's right up to his 76 US tour when he looked & acted like a rock star & a rock legend without any apologies(excluding Zeppelin/Aerosmith hotel behavior) while desperately trying to stay current at the time but he has become more of a celebrity these days which is sad even though he will always be a rock legend. 

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Re: In My Life & Wingspan
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 12:54:14 PM »

Yeah, the Wingspan stuff (book/documentary) just kind of show Paul as this crazy rocker...always changing his hairstyle/music to fit the changing times....plus, it's just annoying that he seemed to delude himself into thinking that Wings was an actual band....

Whatever, the Lennon book sounds quite good though....I honestly could read a million books about John and never get tired of him.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 12:53:32 AM »

I have the Wingspan documentary and I think it was OK. The only thing I didn't like about it was the lack of live footage :(

---powered by Moondogs®---

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 01:10:39 AM »

I think the Wingspan documentary was just supposed to be about Paul and Linda with some Wings stuff thrown in! It was pretty much a family affair - the interviews with Paul were conducted by his daughter, and the production was by Paul's son-in-law!

I've only seen the docu once, but I seem to remember it was quite fascinating despite it not having much to do with Wings.

I suppose it is a bit mis-leading really - the Wingspan documentary should have been called something elses as it has little to do with Wingspan the CD.

slick rick

• Getting Better
  • bakers dozen
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 01:25:40 AM »

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh laine
well its saturday night and i just got paid

Wayne L.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 09:56:54 PM »

[quote by=Bruno link=Blah.pl?b=books,m=1086727284,s=2 date=1087520012]I have the Wingspan documentary and I think it was OK. The only thing I didn't like about it was the lack of live footage :([/quote]

I think the Wingspan TV documentary was a waste of time while the book was more interesting.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2005, 10:08:52 PM »

the book was more interesting.
HAS YOU THE BOOK???

Wayne L.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005, 10:42:35 PM »

[quote by=Usher_Masher link=Blah.pl?b=books,m=1086727284,s=6 date=1105826932]the book was more interesting.
HAS YOU THE BOOK???[/quote]

I've seen the Wingspan book in bookstores but I'm waiting to get it at the library. 

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2005, 11:47:23 PM »

Wayne I think you need to learn how to use a period because when you don't use one it makes one really long sentence which some people including myself find difficult to read especially when you use the & sign instead of and which you use very often and I don't understand why you do that but anyways would you please use a period once in a while.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 03:37:11 PM »

i wouldnt mind reading that in my life Book, sounds interesting.

Wayne L.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 04:37:16 PM »

[quote by=Mairi link=Blah.pl?b=books,m=1086727284,s=8 date=1105832843]Wayne I think you need to learn how to use a period because when you don't use one it makes one really long sentence which some people including myself find difficult to read especially when you use the & sign instead of and which you use very often and I don't understand why you do that but anyways would you please use a period once in a while.[/quote]

I do use a period at the end of my comments all the time so I don't need an education from you.  BTW, In My Life is a great book on John. 

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

Quote from: Usher_Masher
the book was more interesting.
HAS YOU THE BOOK???

oh god, dont tell me he has that as well lmao ..

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 03:06:51 PM »

omg i bet he thinks he's the 5th Beatle as well hahahah

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 05:30:39 PM »

That mein German will he never be!!!!!!! roflmao!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Page created in 1.08 seconds with 73 queries.