Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Beatles Meet Elvis!  (Read 2057 times)

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
The Beatles Meet Elvis!
« on: March 08, 2004, 02:51:15 PM »

I got this out of a magazine=)

On the night of Aug. 27, The Beatles went to visit Elvis at his Los Angeles home at 565 Perugia Way.  Author Chris Hutchins was with them.

Elvis and his wife pricilla were sitting in the centre of a horeshoe couch in the den, hutchins said.  "He was wearing a red shirt and close-fitting black jerkin, the high Napoleonic collar rising above his sideburns."
"Priscilla was pure Hollywood starlet.  Her black bouffant towered above her forhead and she was heavily made up with thick black mascara, midnight blue eye-liner, red blusher and heartbreak pink lipstick.  She was wearing a figure-hugging cream jacket with long pants and there was a jeweled tiara on her head.

"Elvis rose to greet his guests, sun-tanned and outwardly relaxed.
"peering 'round the room like peter sellers and putting on an inspector clouseau accent to address his reluctant host, Jogn said, "Oh, zere you are!"

The Mersey river had finally run into the MIssissippi River and already I could see there were going to be some big waves.

There was a sudden silence as the record that was playing came to an end. No one spoke.

The silence became uncomfortable and then embarrassing.  Everyone looked at Elvis.

Nervously, he picked up the remote control and started changing the channels on the TV.

Throwing the device on the coffee table, elvis said, "If you guys are just gonna sit there and start at me I'm goin' to bed.  Let's call it a night, right Cilla? I didn't mean for this to be like the subjects calling on hte King.  I just htought we'd sit and talk about music and maybe jam a little."

"That would be great," Paul enthused, trying to save the situation.

Elvis ordered somebody to bring in the guitars.  Electric guitars are brought in and plugged into amplifiers which are scattered around the room, and a white piano is pushed into the center of the room.  Elvis picks up the bass guitar he has started to learn to play.

The party broke around 2 a.m., but there was a parting shot from John as we bundled each other out of the front door.  "Sanks for ze music, He said, adding sarcastically, "Long live the King."

As we walked to the car Colonel Tom Parker said to me, "Tell the fans it was a great meeting."

Jogn overhears this and laughed and sid, "Tell them the truth, it was a load of rubbish."

And there you go, how the Beatles met the king. Exscuse any typing mistakes etc. I typed it up in like 2 minutes and wasn't very careful hehe. Just thought Id bring that little bit of info to you=)
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: The Beatles Meet Elvis!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 04:08:05 PM »

Lets not forget that Ringo played football with him.  ;D

Fool_on_the_Hill

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 08:20:04 PM »

yeah LOL! part of this story is in the Anthology

Wayne L.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 12:59:39 PM »

I think it's crazy that there isn't a picture of the Beatles with Elvis back in 65 because of some idiots at Graceland since it would be more famous than the picture of Elvis with Nixon.  BTW, it's too bad there isn't any photographs of Elvis with Alice Cooper, Led Zeppelin & Elton John since these legendary artists were also at Graceland.

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 05:22:43 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1078757475,s=1 date=1078762085]Lets not forget that Ringo played football with him.

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 42 queries.