Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What kind of Beatles fan are you?  (Read 6640 times)

Wayne L.

What kind of Beatles fan are you?
« on: April 27, 2004, 12:08:18 PM »

I consider myself to be more of a dedicated Beatles fan than a hardcore Beatles fan because I don't have everything with the Beatles name on it or John, Paul, George & Ringo as solo artists but when I was about 12 years old in the mid 70's I knew the Beatles history, their classic rock albums & most of the solo albums even though I have to admit I almost got trapped into becoming a hardcore Beatles fan at one time which was driving me insane, wasting lots of money on crap like Ringo The 4th because he was an former Beatle along with thousands of books on them it seemed as well as other favorite artists but if you're a hardcore Beatles fan who wants to be buy everything with the Beatles name on it & former Beatles name on it, go ahead, because I'm a dedicated Beatles fan/rock fan who listens to everything without buying it & reads most of the books from the library instead without wasting money!!!

John@work

• Getting Better
Re: What kind of Beatles fan are you?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 02:37:05 PM »

I'd have to agree with you Wayne.  I don't own every single piece of Beatle item known to man nor do I possess an encyclopedia of information about the band.  However, like you I consider myself a dedicated fan.  I can take any cd/album from the group and honestly say,"yes I enjoy this one as well."  People here at work may have a different impression of me since I nearly have the walls covered with Beatle/John Lennon posters.  So yes, I consider myself to be a dedicated fan.  And by the way, there's nothing wrong with being a hardcore fan.  I just haven't gone to that extreme.
A working class hero is something to be...

John Lennon

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 02:54:11 PM »

I liked them all my life but I never was really a fan until a year or 2 ago. They're my favorite band now though.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 06:11:38 PM »

I suppose I'm a semi-hardcore fan because I DO collect. I have all their original albums in both mono and stereo, and all the original singles,  I also collected shed-loads of bootleg CDs and videos over the years - but a stopped short of collecting all their solo stuff... I didn't buy an album unless I actually liked it.

I also go the annual Beatle convention in Liverpool... unless some damn relative is getting married that weekend! I certainly blend in with the Beatle maniacs there!!!!

I don't mind any sort of fab fan really, be they merely curious or a fanatical anorak - all interest is good! :D

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 06:32:07 PM »

According to maria, I am a "keen" fan.

So that must be what I am. Keen.

;-)

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 06:33:13 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083067698,s=4 date=1083090727]According to maria, I am a "keen" fan.

So that must be what I am. Keen.

;-)[/quote]

Oh yeah, cos you ALWAYS agree with her!! LOL ;)

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 07:22:04 PM »

I have all their albums, some of them in vinyl, and some 45s; all their movies and some documentaries, posters, calendars, books, shirts.

---powered by Moondogs®---

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 07:33:53 PM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083067698,s=5 date=1083090793]

Oh yeah, cos you ALWAYS agree with her!! LOL ;)[/quote]

Mister Charlie and Maria are "bestest" friends.

I have always liked the Beatles and knew all their songs but I havn't really gotten into them until this past year so I am still learning.

Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 09:54:34 PM »

I'd say that i'm a dedicated fan. I have McCartneys solo stuff handled and I have most of Johns. I'm currently into a George stage and i'm collecting his stuff as we speak. I have some Ringo stuff, but I havent really started on his stuff yet. I collect Beatle stuff, but i'm not out of control,,,,,,,,,yet!

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 02:28:33 AM »

[quote by=Ssarah link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083067698,s=7 date=1083094433]

Mister Charlie and Maria are "bestest" friends.

[/quote]

Ah, I'm sure maria is just fine.  I prefer to address the post rather than the poster, when possible.  And I don't know her or anyone else here enough to say what anyone's like.

So no, tho I disagree with her and she with me, I would not hesitate to agree with her when the occasion arises.   

It just proves that we're both rather stubborn.  Not the worst thing. :)

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 02:56:39 AM »

I used to be a hardcore fan. When I started listening to them ten years ago I collected so many Beatles related items. I used to have my walls covered in posters when I was in high school and the whole top shelf of my entertainment unit holds Beatles books. Now I'd say I'm a dedicated fan. I only have two framed posters on my wall haha.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004, 10:47:03 AM »

just a fan

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 12:25:12 PM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083067698,s=11 date=1083235623]just a fan[/quote]

JUST a fan? Are you sure?! ;)

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2004, 01:10:58 PM »

Just a fan. :)

John@work

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2004, 02:44:11 PM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083067698,s=3 date=1083089498]
I also go the annual Beatle convention in Liverpool... unless some damn relative is getting married that weekend! I certainly blend in with the Beatle maniacs there!!!!
[/quote]

Have I told you lately that I hate you >:(, Only kidding End.  Good for you.  I'm just a jealous guy (so says John)...
A working class hero is something to be...

John Lennon

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2004, 03:11:59 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083067698,s=9 date=1083119313]

Ah, I'm sure maria is just fine.
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2004, 04:28:05 PM »

You sound doubtful...?

visitorfromarticcircle

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2004, 08:17:40 AM »

Recovering hardcore fan and ex- Ringo 4th  LP owner here! (Greetings to Wayne - never get throught the B-side!!).  So i was hardcore, until one time when I was listening Lennon (??) tuning his guitar in one of my bootlegs , I suddenly started to think; why I am listening to this ?? Now after beatles-rehab (and selling my LP: collection) I only brought  back official Beatle  albums. Well

bryan

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2004, 04:05:01 AM »

consider myself to be more of a dedicated Beatles fan than a hardcore Beatles fan because I don't have everything with the Beatles name on it or John, Paul, George & Ringo as solo artists but when I was about 12 years old in the mid 70's I knew the Beatles history, their classic rock albums & most of the solo albums even though I have to admit I almost got trapped into becoming a hardcore Beatles fan at one time which was driving me insane, wasting lots of money on crap like Ringo The 4th because he was an former Beatle along with thousands of books on them it seemed as well as other favorite artists but if you're a hardcore Beatles fan who wants to be buy everything with the Beatles name on it & former Beatles name on it, go ahead, because I'm a dedicated Beatles fan/rock fan who listens to everything without buying it & reads most of the books from the library instead without wasting money!!!

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2004, 01:27:46 PM »

[quote by=John@work link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1083067698,s=14 date=1083249851]Have I told you lately that I hate you >:(, Only kidding End.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 76 queries.