Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Paul is Dead  (Read 10147 times)

Re: Paul is Dead
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2004, 02:22:19 PM »

It would be interesting to know the truth of this matter...

I have a strong feeling inside that the Beatles set it up on purpose... I mean... what are the chances that Paul "happens" to have the black carnation on his suit, while the others have red? And for what reason in God's name would Paul be the only one shoeless? And come on... the Walrus was Paul?

I think they set it up... Not for marketing material or anything like that... It's because it was during the psychedelic age! People did this stuff on purpose just to mess with other peoples minds... I mean, the bit at the end with the high pitched whistle and the Beatles jibber-jabber was all but there by John just to mess with people... It's just something artists do when they have too much exposure and enough power in their hands... they take advantage of their audiences, so to speak... and I'm sure the Beatles where sick of all the attention and decided to take advantage... honestly, why wouldn't they? I sure would've if I were in their shoes... :)

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2004, 02:23:56 PM »

PS - There should be an authorized, official DVD of this with interviews by Paul, Ringo, George Martin and everyone else who could've been involved, getting to the truth of this matter...  I would surely buy it! I think someone should write a letter to Apple!

Wayne L.

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2004, 05:26:18 PM »

The Paul is dead fiasco back in 69 started by some Beatles fans having way too much time on their hands at the time looking way too deep into album covers like Abbey Road & lyrics like Glass Onion instead of just digging the music itself!

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2004, 05:36:09 PM »

I thought it was started by an American Radio host.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Polly

• One And One Is Two
  • Peace and luv.
    • Newspaper Taxi
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2004, 08:31:04 PM »

Russ Gibb was the DJ, in Michigan. The thing is it wasn't his "idea" per se... a fan brought some clues off the Magical Mystery Tour album to his attention, he gave it air time and it snowballed from there. I guess you could say he "started" it, but it wasn't initially some idea or brainstorm he had, saying "I think I'll start a rumor that Paul McCartney is dead!"  ;)

http://www.keener13.com/history/keener_kills_paul.htm

Here is a little internet piece about Gibb.
"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Lucy In The Sky

• Getting Better
  • All You Need Is Love
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2004, 10:18:50 PM »

Just a coicidence.

Fan: Will You Sing Us A Song?
John, Paul, George and Ringo: NO!

Q: I Was Wondering If You Think American Girls Are Fickle?
Ringo: All Girls Are Fickle.[/c

Will Campbell

• A Beginning
  • In my life....I love you more
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2004, 08:07:46 AM »

The Beatles were in fact aware of the rumour well before it was published in New York Newsday, October 22, 1969.

Here's another clue for you all; the Walrus was Paul...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 50 queries.