Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: George Harrison to recieve a star on the Hollywood  (Read 10446 times)

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
Re: George Harrison to recieve a star on the Hollywood
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2009, 01:36:09 AM »

No not at all, I enjoy hearing people's opinions. :)

I can see where you're coming from. Paul wouldhave been thebestto reveal it, even over Tom or Eric because George was best known for beingin The Beatles. But I don't really think it matters who reveals the star, as long as he has one, it is something more to remember him by.

:)

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

mysweetgeorge

• One And One Is Two
  • Hey, it's a thingie! A fiendish thingie!
    • www.myclevercat.net
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »

I found this video of the day of the ceremony, I thought it was great. I miss George so much :(, he truly deserved this.

r5dNo70yiqk
<br /><br />

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 06:34:28 PM »

Very nice! Thank you! How I love While My Guitar Gently Weeps...I can listen to it non-stop for hours!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2009, 05:26:30 AM »

Lovely clip, mysweetgeorge. I so adore Olivia. Wonderful snippets from Eric Idle and Tom Hanks as well.

I find it interesting, after all this speculation, that the clip clearly shows that Paul was not one of those to reveal the star. It was Dhani and the guy to Olivia's right- help? Anyway, very cool to see.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2009, 05:56:40 AM »

Quote from: 551
I find it interesting, after all this speculation, that the clip clearly shows that Paul was not one of those to reveal the star. It was Dhani and the guy to Olivia's right- help? Anyway, very cool to see.

Whoa!  The day I was there, I was too far to see who was actually revealing the star.  I did think it was Paul but I guess it wasn't, then??  Sorry for all the points I made earlier, though.   :D :X

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2009, 06:16:45 AM »

I don't think there's any need to apologize. The only shot I saw of this previously was a tight shot, where you can't see who's actually pulling. As the clip shows, Paul was crouching (standing) over the shoulder of the guy actually pulling, so you could have thought it was him from a distance-- but it wasn't. The guy to Olivia's right I'm guessing might be someone on the awards committee, as he presents the plaque immediately afterward?

Anyway, interesting to see how all the speculation went. :)

ADDED: Just viewed it again, and it's clearly the MC guy. He appears to be helping Olivia pull the string, so it was actually her and Dhani who revealed the star, and the MC helped get the cover out of the way and hand it off to the helper bee.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2009, 07:59:50 AM »

Quote from: 551
I don't think there's any need to apologize. The only shot I saw of this previously was a tight shot, where you can't see who's actually pulling.

Thanks, Hari. :)

I went back through my photos to see if I could find anything relating to that star "cover" thing.  Nothing too interesting, but I do have a random pic of the cover being packed away.

mysweetgeorge

• One And One Is Two
  • Hey, it's a thingie! A fiendish thingie!
    • www.myclevercat.net
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2009, 06:20:56 PM »

Quote from: 1620

Whoa!  The day I was there, I was too far to see who was actually revealing the star.  I did think it was Paul but I guess it wasn't, then??  Sorry for all the points I made earlier, though.   :D :X

Dont be sorry! I am glad you were able to see it and thanks for sharing your photos with us. Very cool indeed!!  ;)
<br /><br />
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 56 queries.