Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Esher Tapes  (Read 12411 times)

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: Esher Tapes
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »

Thank you.

:)
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Bobber

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2015, 07:43:06 AM »

That you are Cor! Now I have I have to do some major cleaning out of my hard drive. I have some bits and pieces of all these things you've shared that I now don't need. I wish there was a utility to run that just knew what to get rid of!

I recognize the problem. My HDD is full of bootlegs and there is no doubt that it's full of the same thing over and over again. Essential is: what do you really need?

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2015, 07:55:36 AM »

...........Junk is aching beautiful imo.

I have a CD of Elvis Costello working with Anne Sophie Van Otter (an opera singer) doing a variety of songs. They do Tom Waits' Broken Bicycles using parts of Junk as the Middle 8. Works quite nicely as both songs have a similar theme and vibe. Van Otter pulls back on the too forceful operatic sound and delivers a very graceful sound. Unfortunately can't find a YouTube of it.

KelMar

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2015, 04:59:33 PM »

Wow! That is stunning! It even brought a few tears to my eyes. I'm so glad you mentioned it Moog.

http://youtu.be/pSktrO3fuOQ

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2015, 11:06:43 PM »

Fascinating as always to listen to those embryonic musings, but - with the possible exceptions of "Sour Milk Sea" and "Junk" - I'm kinda glad those previously unreleased efforts remained in the demo-vault. There was a reason they didn't make the final cut. That's a beautiful outline vocal and melody from John on "Child Of Nature" but, like Moog, I'm glad that it evaded the drippy-hippy net that would have so dated it, and gestated to re-surface as the truly time-proof "Jealous Guy".

Most of the rough sketches are reasonably close to the eventually released, familiar versions - one thing I'm mightily relieved about though is that my favourite track from The White Album - "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - shifted so well away from its dreadful Dylanesque origin and blossomed into the wonderfully frenetic slice of proto-punk which I know and love.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.416 seconds with 47 queries.