Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Reunion Setlist  (Read 4868 times)

Harpsichord

• One And One Is Two
Beatles Reunion Setlist
« on: September 10, 2014, 08:27:59 PM »

The Beatles quit touring in 1966, but suppose they had gone on a reunion tour in 1975, complete with orchestra. What are some of the songs you would include in the setlist? Opener, closer, and encore?

I'd open with Sgt. Pepper's/With a Little Help From My Friends, close out the main set with Hey Jude and A Day in the Life, and have an encore of All You Need Is Love, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End.

I'd also include Something, Revolution, Twist and Shout, A Hard Day's Night, Yesterday, I Saw Her Standing There, Day Tripper, Strawberry Fields Forever, and others.
Light the lamp and fire mellow
Cabinessence timely hello
Welcomes the time for a change…

nimrod

Re: Beatles Reunion Setlist
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:21:59 PM »

The Beatles quit touring in 1966, but suppose they had gone on a reunion tour in 1975, complete with orchestra. What are some of the songs you would include in the setlist? Opener, closer, and encore?

I'd open with Sgt. Pepper's/With a Little Help From My Friends, close out the main set with Hey Jude and A Day in the Life, and have an encore of All You Need Is Love, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End.

I'd also include Something, Revolution, Twist and Shout, A Hard Day's Night, Yesterday, I Saw Her Standing There, Day Tripper, Strawberry Fields Forever, and others.

welcome to the site mate !

Id be happy with yours  ;D

Such a shame The Stones carried on and The Fabs didnt

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 11:09:15 PM »

'Rubber Soul' needs to be represented. Pick any, but 'Nowhere Man' would get the crowd going, or 'Drive My Car'. Obscure choice: 'The Word' is a personal fave.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »

Hard to argue with those. Especially the encore. I'd like to see an acoustic set. Yesterday, Eleanor Rigby, you've got to hide your love away,here comes the sun etc. the image of John Paul and George all up there with acoustic guitars is pretty attractive.

Harpsichord

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 10:16:05 PM »

An acoustic set would be very cool. Sort of like George and Paul Simon's performance of Homeward Bound and Here Comes the Sun on SNL. Only I'd put Macca on an acoustic bass guitar (or teach him how to play a stanup bass!)  ;D Which leaves Ringo out… again….
Light the lamp and fire mellow
Cabinessence timely hello
Welcomes the time for a change…

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 10:49:04 PM »

An acoustic set would be very cool. Sort of like George and Paul Simon's performance of Homeward Bound and Here Comes the Sun on SNL. Only I'd put Macca on an acoustic bass guitar (or teach him how to play a stanup bass!)  ;D Which leaves Ringo out… again….

The SNL performance was great. I love the George/Paul version of Homeward bound.

Maybe they'd have needed to resurrect Starr Time to make up for not being needed in the acoustic set. They could bring in a back up drummer and let Ringo come forward to do a medley of Honey Don't/Yellow Submarine and Octopuses Garden.

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 11:52:13 PM »

Many years ago I actually put a little cassette tape together based on this (sort of) premise.... it was a ham-fisted amateurish job, transferring vinyl cuts from live LPs onto one side of a tape. And I've just found it again! It's got "Beatles Live...In '75" scrawled on the index card in blue biro. I remember taking great pains to overlap/blend the cheering audiences together as smoothly as possible so it sounded like a real concert. The tracks were:"Venus & Mars/Rock Show" - "Whatever Gets You Thru' The Night" - "Something" - "Lady Madonna" - "Instant Karma!" - "Magneto And Titanium Man" - "My Sweet Lord" - "It Don't Come Easy" - "Imagine" - "Band On The Run" - ""New York City" - "Yesterday".   8)

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 06:30:00 AM »

It won't be appreciated my saying this but, if The Beatles had reunited in 1975 (urgh!) and played at Wembley Stadium, I'd have gone to watch Hendon v. Walthamstow Avenue two miles down the road instead.

One can only imagine the appalling clothes, as opposed to their previous concert in '66, that they would be wearing, and I guess a double-headed guitar would be obligatory for George? Once again, urgh!

And.....an orchestra!!!!!!!!!!

It's a great relief to me that they ended in 1970 before they started looking, and presumably sounding. like ELO.

The Small Faces reformed for two LPs in the mid-1970s and the memory has virtually been erased, Stalin-like, from the records. Who on earth wanted to see, or now wants to be reminded of, The Small Faces in 1977?

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »

I think if they got over the "I did it myself" attitude and brought in backup musicians and orchestra's it would work. They would have to up the production as well and give a hour or two!.

I would love to hear their versions of the best solo stuff mixed in with the Beatles music!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 01:18:27 PM »

I think if they got over the "I did it myself" attitude and brought in backup musicians and orchestra's it would work.

And gagged and hogtied Yoko and Linda backstage.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 01:54:59 PM »

And gagged and hogtied Yoko and Linda backstage.
Keep them home!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »

It won't be appreciated my saying this but, if The Beatles had reunited in 1975 (urgh!) and played at Wembley Stadium, I'd have gone to watch Hendon v. Walthamstow Avenue two miles down the road instead.

I'd probably make the same choice.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 09:12:12 PM »

I'm thinking a reunion towards the end of the decade might have been better. More maturity and distancing from the bitterness surrounding the split. Hey - since we're fantasizing here - why should there have been an official split at all? Just take ten years off, write some good songs, then pick it back up later when all is fresh and fine again. Yea? No?

Never mind.

4ac

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »

I'm thinking a reunion towards the end of the decade might have been better. More maturity and distancing from the bitterness surrounding the split. Hey - since we're fantasizing here - why should there have been an official split at all? Just take ten years off, write some good songs, then pick it back up later when all is fresh and fine again. Yea? No?

Never mind.

4ac

I'm now having horrors thinking of an 80s reunion concert (with John still alive of course in this alternate universe). Pouffy hair, vinyl jackets, shoulder pads. And with Howard Jones as guest keyboardist.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 05:35:17 AM »

.....and don't forget the disco beat, the inevitable triple live album and the, Michael Jackson style, 1,2,3,4,5,6.....7 singles released from that record.
Such an event, with its bitterness around ticket sales as well, could only have sullied the group's legacy.

I don't think it was a complete disaster but, when talking about The Velvet Underground, I've never heard anyone even mentioning the 1993 come back let alone praising it.
Most people don't even know it existed.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 08:17:17 AM »

;yes

I don't think it was a complete disaster but, when talking about The Velvet Underground, I've never heard anyone even mentioning the 1993 come back let alone praising it.
Most people don't even know it existed.

I for one don't recall it at all

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 03:35:27 PM »

There you go then!

A quick thing about The Velvet Underground. Apparently their 'highest' chart placing in the US album chart was for the 'VU' compilation in 1985.....no. 85! Incredible, isn't it?

Page created in 0.612 seconds with 75 queries.