Other forums > Selling, Buying, Exchanging

Beatles Autographed Postcard - Is this real or fake?!?!

<< < (3/6) > >>

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: mantanz on September 24, 2011, 04:24:03 AM ---I had to sing Helter Skelter on TV once on a kid's show... was very embarrassing...

--- End quote ---

Ah, but if you sang it this way things would have been different...

The Beatles Helter Skelter Anthology version

mantanz:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on September 24, 2011, 08:06:33 PM ---Ah, but if you sang it this way things would have been different...

The Beatles Helter Skelter Anthology version

--- End quote ---

LOL!!! I did think about that!!!

LOL again, I just realised... it wasn't Helter Skelter, it was Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da!!! HAHA! Shows how much I know (or possibly that my memory is failing me)!

Either way, I sang it on national TV and I can assure you, I ain't no singer! HAHAHA.

KelMar:

--- Quote from: mantanz on September 26, 2011, 10:58:04 AM ---LOL again, I just realised... it wasn't Helter Skelter, it was Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da!!! HAHA! Shows how much I know (or possibly that my memory is failing me)!

--- End quote ---

ha2ha Now that makes more sense! I kept trying to imagine kids singing Helter Skelter on TV. I'm sure this was very cute.

lordmuckofmacc:
Hi,

I had an IDENTICAL photo, so I guess that they cannot be hand-written autographs, and must be mass-produced. It was given to my Mum and Dad in the early 1960's by Paul McCartney's auntie, who they used to see in Eric's Club in Claughton, Birkenhead.

However, I found another identical one on a South African auction website which sold for £800, so I listed mine on Ebay and I got £600! I got lots of messages saying that it was mass-produced (which is what I said in my listing) and worthless, but I guessed that things get more collectable when they have nearly all disappeared.

Luckily, I also kept most of my 60s and 70s vinyl, and some of those LPs and singles fetched between £30 - £150 on Ebay.

So, good luck with your own Beatles photo!

Neil.

cantabman1:

I also have just collected this postcard from a garage sale last week for the brilliant cost of $5.00 NZ and if the last post is correct stand to make plenty  on a resale, if they are indeed selling from between 600- 800 pounds, which is what i intend to do.
I emailed Frank C in the States last week to find out about the postcard, but he is not authenticating at present.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version