Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Copenhagen's Contentious Climate Conference  (Read 5548 times)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Copenhagen's Contentious Climate Conference
« on: December 10, 2009, 03:18:32 AM »

What do people think about this?

I read that the 3rd world lobby is asking the 1st world to pay them money for decades of polluting. Is that a  ha2ha ha2ha kind of thing, or should the 1st world countries pony up to show that they're really  ;sorry ?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Copenhagen's Contentious Climate Conference
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 09:29:29 AM »

I don't understand the smilies actually. I do think countries like India, China and Brazil have a point. We ask them to leave the forest alone, but it is us in the Western countries that have ruined the planet for centuries. And now it's their turn to develop and we ask them not to do it or to pay for polluting? It's not really fair, is it? By the way, I tend to believe the whole climate thing is just a trend. There's billions running in the whole climate business at the moment, people are making big bucks. And maybe they do so by making us believe there's something terrible going on. Plus, if there is a global warming at all, it is not bad for the planet or nature itself. It is bad for us.
In the seventies we were warned for a cold period, a mini ice age. Thirty years later it's the other way round. It's all business, a way to make a living.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 10:20:07 AM »

I concur completely with Bobber. If we want countries to curb their development, then we should either give them some of our wealth to balance things up, or agree to shut down some of our factories, close down and reforest our farms and give up our nice warm, energy hungry homes and cars.
And like Bobber says, the end-is-nigh rhetoric is sounding thin. I've been told we're in peril from nucluear armegeddon, acid rain, ice ages, over population, terrorists, SARS, AIDS, millinieum bugs blah blah blah.
Whenever the UN or whatever get together the only people who seem to prosper are Toyota Landcruiser dealers, Security Guard Sunglasses manufacturers, five star hotels and prostitutes.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:21:44 AM by Kevin »
don't follow leaders

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 08:24:53 PM »

Kevin, what you are saying is all very true!
Besides, global warming depends not so much on the human activity as on the Sun activity. There`ve been periods of cooling and now there is a period of warming. They are interchangeable. I`ve read plenty of articles on the subject and the conclusion is always the same. And the fuss about it is all about Money.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

ill fart a little less
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 09:22:36 AM »

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 52 queries.