Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: What Beatles "landmark" have you visited?  (Read 19015 times)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
What Beatles "landmark" have you visited?
« on: October 14, 2008, 01:16:53 AM »

Have you been to any Beatles "landmark"?  If not, what Beatle places are you dreaming of visiting?  Either way, tell us about it.   :)

I've only been to one:  Abbey Road in St. John's Wood, London.  This was about 10 years ago.  I got pictures of the street sign, the famous crossing and the studios.  My friends and I crossed Abbey Road the same way the Beatles did, and the pic of that was taken on my friend's camera.  I never got a copy of that photo, unfortunately, and I think my friend is having a hard time finding it now.  But still, my memories are wonderful.  That day was a dream come true for me and I would enjoy revisiting Abbey Road again someday.

I would also love to visit Liverpool, but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
Re: What Beatles "landmark" have you visited?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 01:26:56 AM »

I've only been to the Dakota and Strawberry Fields in New York City.  (I have a picture from there on the user pictures thread)

However I would give anything to go to London/Liverpool.  My friend's family actually lives in Liverpool so they all know me as the crazy Beatles fangirl and she always brings me back souviners from there :)

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:29:18 AM »

Liverpool & London....Cavern, Empire, Abbey Rd (Inside EMI), John Lennon Airport, Saville Row, Cavendish Av.....Is all I can think of. More to do yet. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Ged

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 10:26:24 AM »

I'm so lucky being a Scouser, so everything possible associated with the Beatles and Liverpool as well as Abbey Road, London.

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 10:53:33 AM »

Quote from: 1624
I'm so lucky being a Scouser, so everything possible associated with the Beatles and Liverpool as well as Abbey Road, London.
Wow..... I am currently turning green with envy!!
That is extremely awesome Ged 8)

And all of you guys did a good job on landmark-visiting too, very cool (wow, An Apple Beatle, you've been to loads of 'em! 8) )

Unfortunately I've never visited a Beatles landmark, and I've never even been to England :B I would really-really-really like to visit Liverpool and London... once we can afford it, KE and I will definitely go (here's hoping (grin) )
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 10:54:38 AM »

Abbey Road, Cavendish Ave., Saville Row. That's all I can think of.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 12:21:08 PM »

Quote from: 1624

Nice. :)  Red or blue?
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 07:40:23 PM »

I`ve been to London, Abbey Road, and to New York, the Dakota and Strawberry Fields in Central Park. Would like to go to Liverpool one day...

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 07:52:53 PM »

None  :'(

The Dude

• A Beginning
  • Abides
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 08:03:57 PM »

Went to the Cavern last year and stood next to the John Lennon statue on Mathew Street. Also sat next to 'Eleanor Rigby' on the bench down the road from the Cavern. Would like to go to Menlove Avenue and hope to get the chance at the end of the month - going to the Cavern again to see a band called 10 Reasons To Live - they're a Liverpool band too ;D

http://www.10reasonstolive.com
'Did you ever hear of the Seattle Seven? That was me.... and... six other guys.'

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 09:22:27 PM »

I should add that I want to visit Strawberry Fields in Central Park as well.  I have been to NYC once, but it was a whirlwind trip and I unfortunately did not have the time to stop by the park.  I bet it's a pretty emotional place to be.  :(  Hopefully I'll see it someday.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 11:36:39 PM »

Central Park Strawberry Fields and I don't think this counts but I did go to Shea Stadium.  Obviously there is nothing there that says anything Beatle related, although they did flash on the big screen for a few seconds a clip of The Beatles playing there.
<br />

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 12:27:55 AM »

Quote from: 1204
I don't think this counts but I did go to Shea Stadium.

I think Shea Stadium should count, and Candlestick Park as well.  Any famous Beatles concert venue works. :)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 01:16:11 AM »

Well hey I have been to Candlestick too  8)
<br />

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 02:36:47 AM »

Quote from: 1620
I should add that I want to visit Strawberry Fields in Central Park as well.  I have been to NYC once, but it was a whirlwind trip and I unfortunately did not have the time to stop by the park.  I bet it's a pretty emotional place to be.  :(  Hopefully I'll see it someday.

It was intense being there, a couple of other friends and I were in tears there!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Relentless

• One And One Is Two
  • What Will Be...
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 07:28:09 AM »

I live about 15 miles from Liverpool so have done every landamak there.

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 08:54:37 AM »

been round Liverpool 3 times now, I think I liked Sefton Park best. And the Liverpool Institute from the back cos I'd seen a Mike McGear photo of it and it still looked the same. I loved the way everything was closer together than I thought they'd be. I walked it all (well all I wanted to see) in 3 days once. Used to go round St George's Hill, Weybridge years ago before it got really private. Would love to look round Friar Park if it was ever open to the public, but don't feel the need to stand outside and look at the gates! Not done any of Beatles London. Not fussed about US or Hamburg sites  -  sorry guys!
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 09:29:19 AM »

Abbey Road

The Cavern

Menlove Avenue

Forthlin Road

The Cavern

Odion Cinema in my town in Lothian Road (I use to go there alot as it was soo cheap &#163;1 to see a film and in my book The Beatles Archives I noticed the boys went there in 64 when they did that signing session for fans, sadly there is no plaque in the cinema.

Ged

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 10:56:55 AM »

Hiya Apple Beatle - i'm a blue for my sins (Just like Macca - now matter how loose the connection might be) :)

Here's a page from my website, i've done loads of these and made some friends of these fans.

http://beatlesmemorabilia.piczo.com/?g=36017947&cr=3

Look me up if ever you're in town where they were born.

I once heard a taxi driver took some Canadians to Sefton Park, telling them it was Strawberry Field because he didn't know where it was and they photographed it - disgusting - and he charged them 100 pounds for a 2 hour mini tour.

Having said that, the organised tours rush you and there's little time for personal and individual photo calls as they're bound by time - gotta get back quick for the next tour etc. They only do about 20 of the sites and some are drive-by, just pointing out of the window as the coach is too big to stop in the street or make awkward turns into small side streets.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 06:52:16 PM »

I am thinking of going to Germany in January, so I could visit Hamburg now that you`ve reminded me of the place!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 88 queries.