Solo forums > Microscopes

Microscope: Imagine

<< < (13/13)

stevie:
Gimme Some Truth is my fave John song! That and maybe #9 Dream. I love the raw sound of GST (OMG never realised that before lol) and John's hammering lyrics. George's solo is pretty cool.

tkitna:
Broke this out again and have to admit that I'm on a John kick.  I'm digging his stuff like I never did before.  Hope it lasts.

KelMar:

--- Quote from: tkitna on May 18, 2019, 02:11:58 AM ---Broke this out again and have to admit that I'm on a John kick.  I'm digging his stuff like I never did before.  Hope it lasts.

--- End quote ---

That’s one of my favorite albums, Todd. I’m glad you’re enjoying its creator.  :)

Moogmodule:
I find I have to be in the mood for a lot of Johns solo stuff. When I am he’s the most compelling solo Beatle to me. All that personal angst and the like poured into his stuff.

Imagine is a great album. And the recent box set provides a wealth of extra material.

I like that George is so prominent on it too. As I’ve said on other threads, even if they never got back together as a group, it would have been good to have more guest appearances on each other’s records. After Ringos Goodnight Vienna in 74 any substantive solo collaboration was pretty much over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version