Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles fan searching for 1966 interview footage  (Read 1622 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Beatles fan searching for 1966 interview footage
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:02:55 AM »

Beatles fan searching for 1966 interview footage

Posted by Dave Haber
Beatlesnews.com

Monday, 04/05/10

http://www.beatlesnews.com/blog/the-beatles/201004051740/beatles-fan-searching-for-1966-interview-footage.html

The Beatles at the NYC Warwick Hotel on 8/22/66

Back in 1966, WMCA DJ Gary Stevens announced they would pick 75 winners from submitted post cards to attend a Junior Beatles Press Conference at the Warwick Hotel in New York City on August 22. The Station announced that 48,000 cards where mailed in to WMCA in just 48 hours, and 1 of the 75 winners that were picked to attend was then Felice LaMastra, age 15, from Hoboken, New Jersey.

Now, 44 years later, she is looking for full footage of the event on video, and to connect up with other teenagers who were also there on that day.

Felice told Beatles News, "I was a shy, and obviously extremely nervous 15 year old kid, so being young, I could not come up with an appropriate question to ask. I remember seeing a recent article in the Jersey Journal Newspaper where it had printed that John ordered that a guitar be made for him from a Hoboken, New Jersey guitar maker. I remember thinking that was amazing, cause Hoboken was my hometown. So I decided to ask John if that newspaper article was correct."

"When I asked him the question at the Conference, there was so much screaming from the other girls, he actually asked that I repeat it a few times. He looked confused, and Neil Aspinal leaned over to him, telling him that Hoboken is a town in New Jersey. Then John told me 'No, that's not true, and I shouldn't believe practically all that they write about the Beatles in the media, because there's so much non-truths to it.' I was sitting no further than 10 feet away from the Beatles for the entire Conference. That day was, without a doubt, the best day of my life."

Felice's family never owned a camera she could have taken with her on that day, and she says she's never seen or heard a tape of herself asking John the question and hearing his answer, nor has she ever been to locate more than 1 person who attended that day, which is strange, because there were 150 kids at the event. There are two very short clips of the press conference, but Felice is looking for video, or even audio, of her asking John the question, and John answering her.

More info here: http://www.beatlesinterviews.org/db1966.beatles.junior.html

Drop us a line here at Beatles News if you can help Felice:
http://www.beatlesnews.com/help/contact-us.html
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 35 queries.