Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: beatles videos  (Read 2151 times)

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
beatles videos
« on: September 08, 2008, 05:12:46 PM »

You should be able to find an incredible library of Beatles videos on blinkx
http://www.blinkx.com/videos/the+beatles

DoBotherMe

• A Beginning
Re: beatles videos
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 06:27:04 PM »

Hi Bill! I bought your Beatles Encyclopedia last night...love it and the pix are great! Dana ; )

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 07:55:23 PM »

Dear Dana, Many thanks. Virgin have been asking me to update it, but I have done so much further research that it would have to be a million words long and in two volumes, plus it will take me a couple more years to complete. My latest book has to be ready by November for publication next March.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:43:26 PM »

Quote from: 1062
Dear Dana, Many thanks. Virgin have been asking me to update it, but I have done so much further research that it would have to be a million words long and in two volumes, plus it will take me a couple more years to complete. My latest book has to be ready by November for publication next March.

you need any help?
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 07:21:28 AM »

Quote from: 1062
You should be able to find an incredible library of Beatles videos on blinkx
http://www.blinkx.com/videos/the+beatles

That is a very nice list Bill. Thanks a lot.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 07:22:58 AM »

Yes, I always appreciate help from true fans and will acknowledge it in the credits. For reasons, often out of my control, mistakes often appear and I like it when they are pointed out as I can then correct them. For instance, my encyclopedias have literally thousands of dates and often when I put in 1962 this would then appear on the proofs as, perhaps, 1982. I'd correct it and then see the wrong date still in the finished book. I've also been asked to include an index when I next do the encylopedia. Advice and suggestions from Beatle friends is always welcome. I'm putting a lot of new entries in. Keep watching! The book I'm currently working on is the story of the Mersey music scene. There is a lot of Beatles material, but it covers 60 years of Mersey music, although concentrating on the perion 1958 -1965. I call it 'The Mersey Sound', but the publishers have a different title in mind.

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:27:38 AM »

Did you see the immense picture of Astrid Kirchherr in her book of almost all the Merseyside bands together on a square.

So, to make things happen, what can I do?  ;D

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 01:20:35 PM »

Sten magazine phoned us up at Mersey Beat asking if we could help them organise a photo with as many groups as possible. I suggested that they do it on the steps of St George's Hall. They asked us if we could contact the groups and organise where they should meet and when for the photo and they would pay one pound to everyone who turned up. They promised to pay our expenses. Virginia spent two days on the phone calling the groups.
The photo was taken and sold around the world. We never heard from Stern again. They never paid us the expenses for the phone calls and Virginia's time and never even gave us a copy of the photo. Then, when Astrid came out with a book she said that the groups gathered because of an advert in the Liverpool Echo. The Echo ad got no response, which is why Stern asked us to organise the groups. So not only didn't we get paid, we never even got any acknowledgement for all the work we did in setting it up.

Ligger

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 01:25:13 PM »

Bill,

Any plans to do a screenplay with Ray Connolly (That'll Be the Day, Stardust) about the Mersey Scene 1958-1965?

This DM Forum member would be first in line to see a film like that, which was meticulously detailed and full of first hand insight into a once in a lifetime moment in history.

Please say it's on the boards.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 03:14:28 PM »

I have already scripted a Mersey Beat film and have been trying to get it made since the early 90s. It's a sort of British American Graffiti, about a weekend in Liverpool in 1961. I also developed a Mersey Beat TV series, had Britain's top TV screenwriter, whose series 'Heartbeat' was No. 1 in Britain, had the film company who produced the movie 'Gregory's Girl' ready to produce it and we presented it to the BBC. They held on to it for three years, then suddenly rejected it, ripped off the name and used the name 'Mersey Beat' for yet another cop series, which flopped. Personally, I think it was unethical of them.
I helped Ray with researche when he wrote a script 'Working Class Hero' about a young John Lennon, which  had the story end when the Beatles first appeared at the Cavern. It was probably the best rock movie script ever written. It had been commissioned by Warner. When Yoko heard about it she approached Warner and told them that if they would do a film with her instead of using Ray's script, she would give them access to film and music. They agreed, junked Ray's projected movie and produced 'Imagine.'
This is the reality of the movie and TV world.

Ligger

• A Beginning
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »

A weekend in Liverpool in 1961?

American Graffiti style? Written by a man who was part of the scene.

Sounds good to me.

What could possibly be holding up the project?

Come on Yoko, give Bill Harry a hand here. Let bygones be bygones. Everyone will benefit.

This is a project that was meant to be. Spielberg, Scorsese, or Lucas?

Hello.

Mike Newell? Frank Clark? Terrence Davies?

Hello.

Barry Levinson? Jonathan Demme?

It's really just a matter of time. We have to be patient.

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 56 queries.