Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 203

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 336469 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #3320 on: February 06, 2018, 05:16:31 PM »

Still in the negative single digits here. Luckily the wind hasn't been too bad.  :-\
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

« Reply #3321 on: February 07, 2018, 06:11:49 PM »

Big snowstorm here in Western NY.  The forecast is for 6-8 inches and it looks like we are on track to get that. It’s stretching all the way up to where my daughter is living now. When I talked to her last night she was setting things up to work from home today. This new job is a good job!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3322 on: February 08, 2018, 05:45:40 AM »

Big snowstorm here in Western NY.  The forecast is for 6-8 inches and it looks like we are on track to get that. It’s stretching all the way up to where my daughter is living now. When I talked to her last night she was setting things up to work from home today. This new job is a good job!

I'm envious, Kelley. And I'm happy your daughter got a new job. Congrats to her!

KelMar

« Reply #3323 on: February 10, 2018, 03:44:41 AM »

I'm envious, Kelley. And I'm happy your daughter got a new job. Congrats to her!

Thanks, Kathy! She loves it and Ithaca is such a cool place.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3324 on: February 10, 2018, 06:37:46 AM »

Since this is a weather thread I suppose you mean it’s not warm?

KelMar

« Reply #3325 on: February 10, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »

Since this is a weather thread I suppose you mean it’s not warm?

Okay! But really, this is a great city. It’s not too big, but when we went to look at apartments it was a Wednesday night and the place was hopping. I’d like to retire there.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3326 on: February 13, 2018, 02:27:29 AM »

Oh, Ithaca is gorgeous. I went to college right near there (not Cornell, LOL). Best of luck to her in the new job!

KelMar

« Reply #3327 on: February 13, 2018, 05:40:54 AM »

Oh, Ithaca is gorgeous. I went to college right near there (not Cornell, LOL). Best of luck to her in the new job!

Thanks, Kathy! She loves it so far.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #3328 on: February 13, 2018, 11:16:15 AM »

Cloudy but very cold

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3329 on: February 14, 2018, 10:21:46 AM »

40 (F) tomorrow, then back down to bitter single digits on Thursday. I'd better hustle and get Bear out for a walk. All that Pom energy cooped up in an apartment is NOT fun. We bought him little weather-proof socks, but his paws and legs are so small I'm always worried I'm going to snap a bone or something.  :-\

In the meantime, my dad's taking off on a cruise around Hawaii, grrrr.

KelMar

« Reply #3330 on: February 14, 2018, 08:58:35 PM »

^^^
It’s been like that here, too, Kathy. I haven’t really been sick much this winter (knock on wood) but I constantly feel like I’m on the brink of a sinus infection. That cold stuff is hard on the pooches. We had Kelsie’s dog for two weeks before she took her and we really only had about three good walking days in that time. That certainly didn’t help with her despondent mood. She is, unfortunately, the only dog left after an awful 12 months and she really missed her pals. She has two new ones in Ithaca now, which she really seems to enjoy.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3331 on: February 15, 2018, 12:35:20 AM »

I'm glad Kelsie's dog has new friends!  :)

Bear might have pancreatitis; the vet gave him three meds, and if he keeps vomiting or doing the "prayer" stretch we have to bring him back in. I at least got him on a vet-approved short walk today, so that's good.

I hope you don't get a snus infection -- those are miserable!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3332 on: February 16, 2018, 12:10:46 AM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_5nHV8FJyI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_5nHV8FJyI</a>

FMEH
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #3333 on: February 17, 2018, 04:00:47 AM »

^^^
 ha2ha You’re funny.

KelMar

« Reply #3334 on: May 03, 2018, 09:25:58 PM »

It’s been really warm and muggy here the last two days. It got up in the 80’s yesterday. It blew right past my comfort zone, which is about 75.   ;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3335 on: May 06, 2018, 06:17:16 PM »

It’s been really warm and muggy here the last two days. It got up in the 80’s yesterday. It blew right past my comfort zone, which is about 75.   ;D

I hope the dew point lowers for you, Kelley, especially in time for Mother's Day. (Lots of time yet!)

Is Kelsie still enjoying Ithaca and her job? My son got a summer job as a waterslide attendant at a local park. Dealing with boisterous kids all day in the heat -- definitely a job for the young.  ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #3336 on: May 07, 2018, 12:11:51 AM »

I hope the dew point lowers for you, Kelley, especially in time for Mother's Day. (Lots of time yet!)

It finally rained on Friday and that made things better. I got drenched...twice!

Is Kelsie still enjoying Ithaca and her job? My son got a summer job as a waterslide attendant at a local park. Dealing with boisterous kids all day in the heat -- definitely a job for the young.  ha2ha

Kelsie really loves both Ithaca and her job. She likes taking Pekoe on the different trails and working regular hours is a nice change. When she worked at the bakery she never knew from one week to the next what to expect.

Your son may end the summer with a new appreciation for what his teachers go through!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3337 on: May 11, 2018, 01:19:09 AM »

Rain...

https://youtu.be/cK5G8fPmWeA

...I don't mind.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3338 on: May 11, 2018, 01:34:07 AM »

Kelsie really loves both Ithaca and her job. She likes taking Pekoe on the different trails and working regular hours is a nice change. When she worked at the bakery she never knew from one week to the next what to expect.

I'm so glad. The Ithaca area is so gorgeous, and having regular hours must be a definite improvement.   :)

Your son may end the summer with a new appreciation for what his teachers go through!

He probably will. I remember when my daughters volunteered to help with the little-kid classes at their tae kwon do school they used to get so frustrated because "They don't listen!" Ha! They got very little sympathy from me.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3339 on: May 11, 2018, 01:37:19 AM »

It's raining here, too, and unrelentingly dreary. I sure hope it clears up by tomorrow night, because it's the annual Band Night Parade, and my son's school just got new uniforms. He promised to let me take pictures afterward.  :)  Plus, I'm going with a good friend and her baby granddaughter! I love babies.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 203

Page created in 0.739 seconds with 71 queries.