Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Very rare French Marvel Comic Magazine:Sgt Peppers film adaptation/Beatles Story  (Read 4718 times)

Giant Ant

• One And One Is Two

Hi,
I just listed on eBay a copy of a very rare Marvel comics book published in France with French versions of Marvel Super Special # 4 (Beatles Story) and 7 (Sgt Peppers movie adaptation), published in 1979.   #4 is an unauthorized biography of the band in comic book form.  #7 is a comic book adaptation of the movie Sgt Peppers starring the Bee Gees.  This comic was produced but never published in the US. 
From Wikipedia : «
Marvel Super Special #7, an adaptation of the film Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, by writer David Anthony Kraft and artists George Pérez and Jim Mooney was promoted on the "Bullpen Bulletins" page in Marvel Comics cover-dated January 1979. It was never published in the U.S. "because the book was late and the movie proved to be a commercial failure," according to a contemporaneous news account.  »
#7 is one of the rarest bronze age Marvel comic.

You can get more details at http://www.beatlescomics.com/

eBay link : http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321498679197?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

You can also make me an offer in PM.  Thanks for looking!

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown

i hate this spam ???

Giant Ant

• One And One Is Two

I'm sorry if I broke any rules :(
Why do you consider my post spam?  I know there are some Beatles fans who collect comics or magazines and might be interested...

Bobber

i hate this spam ???
Stop trying to be a moderator.

Bobber

I'm sorry if I broke any rules :(
Why do you consider my post spam?  I know there are some Beatles fans who collect comics or magazines and might be interested...

You didn't break any rules. Your post was placed in the right place. Your thought was correct.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown

Bobber

but not the only one

http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1126507

So what? Someone's posting something on different fora. That should sound familiair to you.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown

a lot of presenters are saying spam at least for me

Bobber

a lot of presenters are saying spam at least for me

We -admins and mods- know that you regard a single post from someone trying to sell something as spam. But.
1. There is a special section on this forum for 'Selling, Buying, Exchanging', indicating that members are welcome to post in this section when they're trying to sell, buy or exchange something Beatles related. Some members join in especially to do that. Admins and mods don't mind.
2. When admins and mods think that the post is in the proper place plus notice that it is something Beatles related, it is not regarded as spam.
3. We do consider it spam when the same post is posted twice or more times on the forum.
4. Ergo. Your indicating plus scaring off members with your comments like above is completely out of order. This is a final warning. I hate to use my powers but I will use them when forced to.

Giant Ant

• One And One Is Two

Thanks for clarifying that!  I am mostly a comic book collector, but I thought this particular item might be of interest to Beatles fans. 
I really like the Beatles and have most of their albums on LPs or CDs  :)

KelMar

Good luck on your auction!

Page created in 0.366 seconds with 53 queries.