Beatles forums > Films, TV Shows, Interviews

Rerelease of Let It Be

<< < (2/5) > >>

blmeanie:
isn't the rosier glasses view from Get Back, while possibly biased the other way, a better depiction of that time in their careers?  What is Disney doing with it, enhancing the quality of the video/audio at all?

Davenicks:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on April 16, 2024, 01:34:40 AM ---My bootleg's picture and sound quality is excellent...

Since the picture and audio quality of the original film was never excellent, that's quite remarkable.

Looking forward to the Peter Jackson cleanup.

Dave in Nashville
--- End quote ---

Euan Buchan:
Got a bootleg version I got at Beatle Week Liverpool 2005 will be great to see it remastered and hopefully released on DVD & Blue Ray.

Normandie:

--- Quote from: blmeanie on April 16, 2024, 10:35:02 AM ---isn't the rosier glasses view from Get Back, while possibly biased the other way, a better depiction of that time in their careers? 

--- End quote ---

Yes, I would think so, but I'm still looking forward to comparing and contrasting the two. (Hey, that would make a great school assignment.)

--- Quote from: blmeanie on April 16, 2024, 10:35:02 AM ---What is Disney doing with it, enhancing the quality of the video/audio at all?

--- End quote ---

Peter Jackson is remastering the original footage. From The Verge: "Like the docuseries The Beatles: Get Back, Let It Be will feature original film footage remastered by Peter Jackson’s Park Road Post Production and remastered audio created using the same de-mixing tools that recently led to the release of the Beatles’ final song."

Given that I've seen only a bootleg, I'm looking forward to the remastered version.

Looks like it will indeed be released for streaming on May 8: https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/04/16/beatles-let-it-be-documentary-peter-jackson-disney/73340860007/

Euan Buchan:
The new trailer is here https://youtu.be/sHxl6eDYLUs?si=qLoE_SzsJBH7BNUR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version