Beatles forums > Remasters

Where do you stand on this ?

(1/8) > >>

nimrod:
I was discussing remasters with a mate the other day, he is dead set against remasters as he says he prefers the 'warmth' and 'familiarity' of the original recordings, rm's (in his words) sound too false etc etc

He said what annoys him also is that when you now want to buy and old album (not just Beatles) you have to buy the remaster as that is now the de-fault version that shops have on their racks, Id never thought about that before and I suppose I can see how that would annoy some people (not me as I love remastered everything)  ha2ha

Where do you stand on that ?

Beatlesrlove:

--- Quote from: nimrod on July 21, 2011, 11:43:55 PM ---I was discussing remasters with a mate the other day, he is dead set against remasters as he says he prefers the 'warmth' and 'familiarity' of the original recordings, rm's (in his words) sound too false etc etc

He said what annoys him also is that when you now want to buy and old album (not just Beatles) you have to buy the remaster as that is now the de-fault version that shops have on their racks, Id never thought about that before and I suppose I can see how that would annoy some people (not me as I love remastered everything)  ha2ha

Where do you stand on that ?

--- End quote ---
Well I do like the originals, because sometimes in the remasters for some reason in they add some things that was not there before. But what i like about the remasters is that its clearer. So I can't side on either.

tkitna:
So far, i'm less than impressed with the remasters. Some things are fixed, some things got messed up. Its not a fair trade off in my opinion.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
I've listened to some of the remasters but didn't buy them. I still have the original 1987 versions. I feel more or less like your friend, because beyond sound quality the remasters "fixed" some things that were on the original versions, like the abrupt interruption of the lead guitar at the end of "Strawberry Fields Forever", or the sound of lips at the end of "In My Life"; little things that make music more human.

Hello Goodbye:
I have just about every Beatles LP, all the original CDs and the mono and stereo remastered box sets.

I'm covered!   ;D

The LPs have the warmest sound.  The original CDs sound great, but a little sterile in comparison to the LPs.  I prefer the original CDs over the stereo remastered box set. 

But I like my mono remastered box set the best!  Perhaps the engineers devoted most of their time to its production.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version