Solo forums > Ringo Starr

What is the real reason why Ringo left?

(1/5) > >>

Wordno:
Okay so I watched the anthology a while ago and they mentioned that Ringo quit the band during the white album.  The explantion on why he left was so simple and the way the other Beatles where able to get him to come back was even more simpler.  But I read recently somewhere that their was more to why he left.  I read things such as that he couldn't play the drums right on Back in the USSR and Paul kept trying to explain to him how to do it but he just couldn't get it so he left.  I also read that an interview someone asked John(Ringo was already out of the band) "Is Ringo the best drummer in the world?"  Then John said "Best drummer in the world?  He isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles".  So can someone tell me the full story of what happened?  And can someone tell me how they where able to get him back after harsh things were said about him.

Herecomesyoursun:
Paul sent him a post card that said simply "You're the Greatest Drummer in the World.  Really"  John was just joking around too.  He says in Anthology that he thought the other 3 were tight and were excluding him, but once they reached out to him after he left, he knew they still cared.

:
I'd read that he just felt like a bit player after awhile, he'd play cards for hours on end with Mal Evans while the others were putting their stuff together. He was also insulted that Paul erased some of his drum parts during the White Album period and recorded his own.

Wordno:
I don't know if John was joking or not.  I mean a joke like that probably is not funny to Ringo, plus he was already out of the band.  So thats more of an insult.  And Paul earasing Ringo's drum parts is pretty insulting, thats just wrong.  It sounds Like John and Paul were pricks towards George and Ringo.

Kevin:

--- Quote from: juniorsfarm --- He was also insulted that Paul erased some of his drum parts during the White Album period and recorded his own.
--- End quote ---

I didn't know that. It's a pretty sh*tty thing to do. I've always tried to defend Pauls So called overbearing attitude as necessary for the bands survival, but that's indefensible.
Mind you, I think Ringo always felt like the outsider (not playing on Love Me Do, so readily replaced by Jimmy Nicol) that it wouldn't have taken much to set him off

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version