Beatles forums > Polls

A Day In The Life vs. Magical Mystery Tour

(1/5) > >>

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
I'm a John guy, but still prefer "Magical Mystery Tour" (in fact, both songs were collaborations between John and Paul). I have my own reasons to have to choose between these two songs. Don't ask me why.

Ovi:
Wow Hombre, your choice seriously surprises me. I love MMT and all, but A Day In The Life is just one of those can-move-mountains Beatles songs to me. Deserves all the praise it gets.

oldbrownshoe:
As 'Magical Mystery Tour' (the film) has.....in my opinion.....dated far better than 'Sgt. Pepper's' (the album), I'd go for 'Magical Mystery Tour'.
I can't imagine playing Sgt. Pepper's any time soon, but I'm sure I'll see MMT by the end of the year.

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
I recognize "A Day In The Life" as a masterpiece, but there's something I can't explain that I don't like about it.

The message of "Magical Mystery Tour" is more direct and simple, with a catchy chorus, inviting us not only to a special tour, but also to a new life.

KelMar:
Despite the comments, I see by the stats that I'm in the minority with my choice of "Magical Mystery Tour". For me it's no reflection on Sgt. Pepper that I didn't choose "A Day in the Life". I love the album and I think the song is mind-blowing as well. It's just that I prefer the overall feel of MMT. It lifts me up when I hear it while ADitL is a bit heavy and disconcerting at times. It hurts my ears a little too. LOL Of course Paul's part in the middle is light. I guess that's the part I like best. Also, it doesn't hurt that I love the "Magical Mystery Tour" movie so much. But even before I watched the movie this song was my favorite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version