Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles  (Read 1604 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Beatles
« on: February 01, 2009, 12:39:50 AM »

Beatles

Bobber

Re: Beatles
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 07:19:26 PM »

Tony Bramwell says found amp not owned by the Beatles

Beatles News Exclusive
by Dave Haber, Beatles News Editor

In an article yesterday in the Liverpool Echo, it was claimed that an amplifier discovered in a Liverpool shed was almost certainly used by The Beatles. The article said the shed was a few streets away from George Harrison's old home in Woolton, and quoted Sam Leach, who promoted the Beatles between 1961 and 1962, as saying he was certain the amp was one used by the Fab Four.

However, longtime Beatles friend and business associate Tony Bramwell tells Beatles News he doesn't think the amp could have been owned by the Beatles.

Tony says, "I don't think it is a lost Beatle amp. We were very careful with equipment which we thought as expensive."

Also, the picture in the Liverpool Echo shows a black VOX amp, and Tony explains how that's another piece of the puzzle that doesn't fit.

"The Beatles first VOX amplifiers were bought in late 1962 and can be seen in the photos of the early E.M.I. recording sessions, they were in the traditional tan colour. In about march 1963, VOX custom-made a set of black amplifiers. These were the amps they used on stage. VOX only later manufactured black ones because of The Beatles popularity. George may have had one at the house in Liverpool but The Beatles had moved to London by mid 1963."

So, if George did have one at his house, it would have been one of the more common tan editions. Tony also remembers all the gear the Beatles ever gave away, and an amp was not included.

"To my knowledge, George only gave away one guitar from his collection, which was a small Rickenbacker given to Jack Oliver at Apple. There is no reason for an amp of his to be in someone's shed. He never knew any neighbours in Mackets Lane, hardly spending much time there. When his parents passed away, he and his brothers would have been meticulous about clearing the house."

So, if the amp did not belong to the Beatles, where did it come from? Tony has an idea. He says, "The late Brian O'Hara of The Fourmost lived not far away. Could it be his?"

cubanheel

• Getting Better
Re: Beatles
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 08:14:25 PM »

?One for Bill?
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 41 queries.