Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 'Songwriting Secrets of the Beatles' - anyone read this?  (Read 4371 times)

WorkingClassHero

'Songwriting Secrets of the Beatles' - anyone read this?
« on: May 12, 2010, 08:40:59 AM »

Songwriting Secrets of the Beatles
Dominic Pedlar

http://www.amazon.com/Songwriting-Secrets-Beatles-Dominic-Pedler/dp/1423413458/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1273653599&sr=1-1

This book sounds interesting, but I've been bitten so many times with crap Beatles stuff, I'd appreciate any feedback if anyone has read it.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: 'Songwriting Secrets of the Beatles' - anyone read this?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:18:27 AM »

Intriguing title but not heard of it. The link showed no book.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

WorkingClassHero

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:22:43 AM »

Is it not linking to an Amazon description? It is from my side.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 11:27:15 AM »

Ahhh my bad, I did not scroll down enough. Very interesting indeed, thanks for bringing it to attention. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:11:15 AM »

I think I read this book from the library bakc in 2007. It was good, but very heavy musically. You have to really be a musician to understand a lot of it, as its all tones, quavers, etc. it gets right into the nitty gritty of the beatles songs purely from a musical view.

There is one fascinating chapter in which She Loves You is rated as the perfect pop song ever, and is broken down and exmained minutely.

I might read it again actually!  But to the average Beatle fan, who isn't musically minded technically, it will be heavy stuff indeed.

WorkingClassHero

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 08:36:18 AM »

I think I read this book from the library bakc in 2007. It was good, but very heavy musically. You have to really be a musician to understand a lot of it, as its all tones, quavers, etc. it gets right into the nitty gritty of the beatles songs purely from a musical view.

There is one fascinating chapter in which She Loves You is rated as the perfect pop song ever, and is broken down and exmained minutely.

I might read it again actually!  But to the average Beatle fan, who isn't musically minded technically, it will be heavy stuff indeed.

Yes, it certainly looks like something aimed at those with musical knowledge. Mine is basic, but I'm working on it, and I still go for the few books like this around as I can always get enough out of it to increase my understanding of how the Beatles created their magic.

P.S. Any book which lists She Love You as the most perfect song ever can't be bad at all.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 08:47:46 AM »

P.S. Any book which lists She Love You as the most perfect song ever can't be bad at all.

Most perfect "pop" song, up there against Aqua, the Partridge Family and Boney M  :)
A word can make such a difference.
don't follow leaders

Page created in 0.508 seconds with 50 queries.