Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Choose Love and Ringo Update  (Read 13861 times)

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
Choose Love and Ringo Update
« on: June 13, 2005, 07:10:18 PM »

Just dropping a line to say that Ringo updated his site again so you can drop by the site and check it out at: http://www.ringostarr.com/updates.html    

Actually I see he's updated the site twice once on June 10 and again on June 12 which is pretty cool maybe alot of people are visiting so he will do updates more quickly at least I hope so.

I also wanted to say that I bought Choose Love and it's a great album and it's neat because it's dual sided so it has the DVD on one side and the CD on the other which I thought was pretty cool.  I wish their would've been more DVD footage but It is still a great album and I sugest that Ringo fans everywhere buy it imediatly.  Anyone else who has bought the album I would love to hear what they have to think about it.

Peace & Love,

Mr. Kite
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
Re: Choose Love and Ringo Update
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 08:25:49 PM »

Ringo fans should wait before they buy it ... there will be a deluxe edition coming out in the next few months, if Ringo's exploiting attitude is repeated, a la RingoRama.

Besides, Choose Love is pretty ordinary. As some know, I got a preview peek via some downloads which I posted here - so I know the album fairly well. Tedious, been-there-before. Time to get rid of Mark Hudson, Ringo!

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:17:28 AM »

I listened to the samples that they give you on Amazon. It sounded ok. His voice sounded a little weak,but it could be the poor sound quality from my computer. I'm sure it sounds better on a high quality sound system. I went back and listened to some of his other albums and I really liked Ringorama and Beacoups of Blues. I think Ringo sings country music very well-it suits his voice.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 02:20:29 AM »

The first two songs have a rockabilly feel and are enjoyable, everything after it is shlock.......Ringo Rama was really good, so I'm trying to figure out what went wrong......I do agree that he needs to stop using the Hudson to help make his albums....

&quot;Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world.&quot;

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 10:42:45 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
Ringo fans should wait before they buy it ... there will be a deluxe edition coming out in the next few months, if Ringo's exploiting attitude is repeated, a la RingoRama.
i am sure he doesn't handle the details....but releasing more never hurt anything...

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 08:32:09 PM »

Quote from: pc31
i am sure he doesn't handle the details....but releasing more never hurt anything...

Details, no. But he would have to give his approval to Koch Records.

And you are wrong about "releasing more" never hurting. Of course it does. It can make fans feel exploited. In other cases, it can oversaturate the market (though this is not Ringo's problem!)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 01:21:05 AM »

i buy ringos thing b4 i buy paulys.just because i am interested in which direction he is heading....the all starr band is always a spectacular feat which he pulls off quite sucessfully.give the man his due....he is still trying after all these years.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 08:35:06 AM »

I think the DualDisc version is the expanded one.......I don't think we'll be seeing another edition later on, especially because there's no tour to help sell the album...

And c'mon now, it's a common practice for artist's to release limited editions versions of their albums........everyone does it....

&quot;Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world.&quot;

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 03:00:04 PM »

It kind of annoys me though. The only "special edition" album I've ever bought while still owning the regular version was LIBN... and that does't even count.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 04:37:49 PM »

Love the new CD!  Dont wait, go buy it now.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 06:08:40 PM »

I agree. I think its great.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 09:41:08 PM »

Come on Tkitna: I thought you had standards. Choose Love is very, very mediocre.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 02:10:18 AM »

Come on Tkitna: I thought you had standards. Choose Love is very, very mediocre.

This coming from a guy that listed 'Gone Troppo' as one of his favorite George albums?

Hey, it may not be a masterpiece, but its VERY enjoyable listening music to me. The last 5 or so solo Ringo albums find their way into my cd players a lot.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 06:40:22 AM »

When you challenged me on Gone Troppo in that other thread I ignored you, as I know you're not too much into George. But I feel I have to go into bat for Troppo now. There are a couple of duds on it, for sure, but some wonderful classics. The cover I Really Love You, That's the Way It Goes, Greece, Gone Troppo, Unknown Delight (a song to Dhani, which beats the heck out of Lennon's Beautiful Boy, which is too sentimental and Macca-esque for my liking), Dream Away and of course Circles, resurrected from 1968 - written in India, and one of the songs demo-ed for the White Album. The singing and playing are just first class, resulting in an album that feels full of sunshine and acceptance.

Choose Love consists of songs that feel very "assembly-line" to me. As I said, Ringo needs to chuck Mark Hudson now: every song of Ringo's feels as if I've heard it before. And the artifice of quoting It Don't Come Easy, and Beatle lyrics has worn VERY thin. You wonder if Hudson and Starkey had their brains engaged during this project.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 07:42:38 AM »

LOL!! 'Wake Up My Love' is my favorite on the album and of course you didnt mention it. Not due to it being good or bad, its just we dont agree on anything (rarely I should say). Whatever, i'll break this out of the cobwebs and give it a relisten (regardless of how painful it might be) just to refresh myself. I dont want to debate the album becuase if you like it,,,,you like it. I always thought it was dismal though and remember telling my buddy that even 'Extra Texture' was twice as good and that wasnt exactly a strong effort either.

As for Ringo getting rid of Mark Hudson,,,,I disagree of course. I've liked everything they have done together and thats not necessarily true with all of Ringo's past projects. I mean its Ringo. The music is fun, well played, and easy on the ears. I'm not sure what your looking for.

I still think Rama was Ringos best effort (even better than 'Ringo') and is very close to cracking my top 5 fav's from the lads solo offerings. I suppose we just have very different tastes.

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 10:58:38 AM »

Mediocre- >:( >:( >:( >:(

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2005, 10:30:37 PM »

Quote from: FSPHOT

Mediocre- >:( >:( >:( >:(

Are you angry at Ringo, for putting out such a poor work, or me for saying so?

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2005, 10:56:56 PM »

Quote from: tkitna
LOL!! 'Wake Up My Love' is my favorite on the album and of course you didnt mention it. Not due to it being good or bad, its just we dont agree on anything (rarely I should say). Whatever, i'll break this out of the cobwebs and give it a relisten (regardless of how painful it might be) just to refresh myself. I dont want to debate the album becuase if you like it,,,,you like it. I always thought it was dismal though and remember telling my buddy that even 'Extra Texture' was twice as good and that wasnt exactly a strong effort either.

As for Ringo getting rid of Mark Hudson,,,,I disagree of course. I've liked everything they have done together and thats not necessarily true with all of Ringo's past projects. I mean its Ringo. The music is fun, well played, and easy on the ears. I'm not sure what your looking for.

I still think Rama was Ringos best effort (even better than 'Ringo') and is very close to cracking my top 5 fav's from the lads solo offerings. I suppose we just have very different tastes.

I didn't mention Wake Up My Love, because I think it's one of the not-so-goods on Troppo. You mention Extra Texture - that has some good songs (This Guitar, His Name Is Legs) but most of the rest are just - well, boring - and I'm a huge Harrison fan!

However: this IS a Ringo thread. You seem to be on Ringo's wavelength, Tkitna, so I'd be interested in what you think of Stop and Smell the Roses. My own opinion is that this is an excellent Ringo effort. The two Paul songs are just right for Ringo. George's Wrack My Brain is a good song (saying more about George than Ringo!). Dead Giveaway is the showcase. Sure To Fall, Boogaloo - and all the rest are very entertaining and varied. A top album for me.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 12:52:17 AM »

I like 'Stop and Smell The Roses' a lot. Its a great sounding CD too. Production was good although varied sometimes. No surprise here, but I love 'Private Property', 'Attention', and 'You Cant Fight Lightning'. 'Brandy' (lovely song) and 'Wake Up' are good as is 'Dead Giveaway'. 'Sure to Fall' and 'You Belong To Me' dont drive me too crazy as i'm not crazy about country styled music too much. Even with Keltner's help, 'Drumming is my Madness' isnt the best and 'Stop and Take Time To Smell The Roses' kind of irks me, but all in all, its a solid album. As you can see, I own the cd with bonus tracks and I feel that they make for a stronger over all product, but its good nontheless.

I still prefer his latest stuff though.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 08:07:32 AM »

Are you angry at Ringo, for putting out such a poor work, or me for saying so?

Last One, stupid Question!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.905 seconds with 81 queries.