Started by Walrus, Jul 14, 2011, 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walrus

I'm almost willin to bet I Wanna Hold Your Hand is gonna win
"There's nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game."

Ovi

Quote from: Walrus on Jul 14, 2011, 05:34 PM
I'm almost willin to bet I Wanna Hold Your Hand is gonna win

I like that one, too. Welcome to the forum, Walrus!  :)
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

Walrus

Quote from: The 5th Beatle on Jul 14, 2011, 05:41 PM
I like that one, too. Welcome to the forum, Walrus!  :)
Never said I liked it.  :D
But thanks, it's good to be here

KelMar

I voted for "Baby It's You" but I have to qualify that by saying that it's the BBC version that I like. I have just always loved the song. This is the first version I remember:

Smith - Baby It's You [Excellent quality] (Live, 1969)

Hello Goodbye

I can stay till it's time to go

Beatlemaniac64

That's tough...I adore most of these songs. Think I'll go with I Saw Her Standing There, though. It never gets old and makes me feel so goooood.  :)
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Jema

I voted for All I've Got to Do.I really like that song :)

Walrus

Quote from: In My Life on Jul 14, 2011, 11:16 PM
I voted for "Baby It's You"
Naw you didnt... it still says no votes for Baby It's You

Walrus

Quote from: Beatlemaniac64 on Jul 15, 2011, 12:21 PM
Think I'll go with I Saw Her Standing There, though. It never gets old
I think so too  :D

Mr Mustard

Please Please Me wins for me, although Twist And Shout takes some beating despite being a cover version.

Who decides which songs qualified for the poll though? To omit From Me To You and particularly She Loves You and yet go on to include I Want To Hold Your Hand seems bizarre to say the least.

Many truly great tracks from 1962-63 but if one record stands out as their "anthem" from that period it surely has to be She Loves You. Ridiculous to not have it on the shortlist!!!  :o ???

Walrus

Quote from: Mr Mustard on Jul 16, 2011, 07:35 PM
Many truly great tracks from 1962-63 but if one record stands out as their "anthem" from that period it surely has to be She Loves You. Ridiculous to not have it on the shortlist!!!  :o ???
;sorry
I was never really into the early beatles so I didn't know what to choose...

KelMar

Quote from: Walrus on Jul 16, 2011, 02:52 PM
Naw you didnt... it still says no votes for Baby It's You

This isn't the first time I thought I voted in a poll but didn't.  ha2ha I really did this time though...I think!

Jema

Quote from: Mr Mustard on Jul 16, 2011, 07:35 PM
Please Please Me wins for me, although Twist And Shout takes some beating despite being a cover version.

Who decides which songs qualified for the poll though? To omit From Me To You and particularly She Loves You and yet go on to include I Want To Hold Your Hand seems bizarre to say the least.

I also think that She Loves You should've been on the list.If it was then I would've chosen that :) Last night I was actually listening to She Loves You and could'nt help but realize how much I really love that song.

KelMar

Quote from: JemaLast night I was actually listening to She Loves You and could'nt help but realize how much I really love that song.

I heard it last night too, Jema. Whenever I do I just get this feeling of awe, thinking that this is a song that so many people heard first; that whenever they hear it they think, "This is what made me love The Beatles!"

Beatlemaniac64

^I think I actually heard She Loves You a couple nights ago, too. Loooove that song. It's one of those songs where it seems like you were just born knowing it and being familiar with it. The first time I actually sat down and listened to it, I'm like "Yeah, I totally know this song". And that last note on the very last "Yeah" of the song is sooooo AMAZING. I look forward to hearing that every time.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006