Beatles forums > Song Of The Week Series

Song Of The Week - Im A Loser

<< < (4/6) > >>

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: nimrod on November 07, 2013, 04:50:28 AM ---Ive never been keen on Moonlight myself Baz, its a bit plodding for me, I hate the organ, it reminds me of a working mans club in 70's England.

--- End quote ---

I don't mind the organ.  But it gives the song an ice skating rink feel to it.

This is more like it...

The Beatles Mr. Moonlight StarClub 1962

But there's no MISTERRRRRRR MOONLIGHT to start it off.

KelMar:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on November 07, 2013, 04:59:17 AM ---

But there's no MISTERRRRRRR MOONLIGHT to start it off.

--- End quote ---

But we do get to hear John say Hear I am on my nose, begging if you please...twice.  ;D

When I was listening to Beatles for Sale earlier I decided to pretend I was listening to Mr. Moonlight for the first time, to see if I really liked it or it was just a habit. I do like it. I never thought maybe I shouldn't until I came here! LOL

Normandie:

"I'm a Loser" would definitely be in my top 10 list of absolute favorites. I love everything about it. Love the vocals, can identify so much with the lyrics. A great, great song.

In regard to Mr. Moonlight.......

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on November 07, 2013, 04:59:17 AM ---I don't mind the organ.  But it gives the song an ice skating rink feel to it.

--- End quote ---

I have always thought the exact same thing!   ha2ha

Dcazz:
Years ago I read an interview from George about this period where he said that they were always amazed at the guitar sounds they heard from the USA but they had no clue how to make them. George said he just started bending strings and changing time to imitate the sounds he heard. I think that's where he got this unique C/W twang we hear on this and a few others (Baby's in Black). Later they learned how to use pedals. Very innovative.

Normandie:

--- Quote from: Normandie on November 08, 2013, 02:56:39 AM ---"I'm a Loser" would definitely be in my top 10 list of absolute favorites. I love everything about it. Love the vocals, can identify so much with the lyrics. A great, great song.

--- End quote ---

Huh. I had no idea they'd played this live. It doesn't strike me as one they would choose to perform. Goes to show how much I know.  ;)

Anyway, I'm posting this now in case anyone needs a quick Beatles pick-me-up:

https://youtu.be/ukWRRNqMAZ4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version