Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fistful Of Mercy  (Read 3601 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Fistful Of Mercy
« on: January 07, 2011, 10:19:14 AM »

Have any of you listened to Dhani's new band Fistful of Mercy? I recently got their debut album and it's fantastic  :) The other members of the group are Joseph Arthur  & Ben Harper.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QjIGa_WMTE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QjIGa_WMTE</a>

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Fistful Of Mercy
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 07:03:14 AM »

I'm interested and would like to hear more before I pass judgememnt, but that song posted is just awful. I mean horrible. Seriously, I only got to the 1:36 mark before I had to bail. Their voices together dont work at all. I've never liked Ben Harper either or anything he's been in.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:18:55 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA_VPBzoToM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA_VPBzoToM</a>

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 03:50:50 AM »

It's stupid but I kinda don't wanna listen to Fistful of Mercy because I'm afraid it'll make me like Dhani's music less because I loved Thenewno2's music and it just seems like a complete different direction.

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 04:05:38 AM »

It's stupid but I kinda don't wanna listen to Fistful of Mercy because I'm afraid it'll make me like Dhani's music less because I loved Thenewno2's music and it just seems like a complete different direction.

Fistful Of Mercy is acoustic. I like it better than thenewno2.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 09:39:45 AM »

I'm not going to like it. I just listened to half of 'Fathers Son' and their voices dont mesh at all. This is going to be a big pass for me.

BeatleChick

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 09:13:23 AM »

I think they're great. I heard them do one of the songs (can't remember which) on some program, and was impressed, and ordered the album the next day. I think they're very good musically. And totally different than the NewNo2 (who I had the pleasure of seeing when they played San Diego), which goes to show how musically diverse and talented Dhani is. It's kind of a kick that Ben's working with Dhani. My mom knew Ben when he was little. I hope they play around here sometime. I'd love to see them. Definitely a good band.
Peace, Love, and Beatles!

Unknown Delight

• A Beginning
  • George Says - "PLay More Uke!"
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 11:49:44 PM »

I really enjoy this new effort a LOT, and for me it was a big step up from the style of music thenewno2 was doing.  The acoustic sound and sentiments expressed in the songs  appealed to me a lot, and still do.    Comparing the two bands is not realy fair, as they are two completely different entities, but i will confess i also tend to lean more towards 'Mercy's sound stylings.

I enjoyed Fistful of Mercy's music even more when i saw them perform it live a couple of months ago when they toured in my area.  The tracks were even more impressive live, and they had a nice vibe going on with the audience.  My experience seeing The Twos was the complete opposite..with the music striking my interest, but being somewhat lost in the agressive 'grunge' sound i heard at the venue. 

Fistful of Mercy is a very enjoyable project in my opinion.  Their music has a nice laid back feel, and although thenewno2 material is also enjoyable and puts you in a mulling mood, i just prefer the more 'real' sound of the 'Mercy' tracks.  I guess i like it 'old school'....the less digital manipulation present, the better i seem to like it.

I recommend checking them out live....next time they tour.  Even if you are not overly keen on the album or bits of their music you have heard, i can pretty much guarentee you will better enjoy their efforts in a live setting.  The show i saw was the 2nd best concert i ever saw...it was amazing.

:)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:55:03 PM by Unknown Delight »
Now see George Harrison's music come to life in a most extraordinary way....

http://www.youtube.com/user/pizzatimeplayer

Page created in 0.36 seconds with 59 queries.