Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Author Topic: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?  (Read 186766 times)

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
Re: How Did YOU Discover The Beatles?
« Reply #620 on: February 01, 2010, 01:45:12 AM »

The important thing is that you got there in the end!  Welcome to the forums, love.  Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.  ;)

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #621 on: February 04, 2010, 09:24:26 PM »

Okay, I figured I might as well share my story, even though a certain couple of people already know it...  :D
It's a long one, so you might wanna get comfortable/put on a Beatles record/cuddle your Beatle of choice/whatever.  ;D

Very, very interesting story, thank you for sharing that with us.

Funny how some of us can wind up being like a parent we might not get along with.

My dad and I used to fight constantly, but my mom tells me we're really very alike. However, he hates the Beatles. ha2ha

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #622 on: February 04, 2010, 09:30:07 PM »

Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
« Reply #623 on: February 05, 2010, 01:08:21 AM »

Very, very interesting story, thank you for sharing that with us.

Funny how some of us can wind up being like a parent we might not get along with.

My dad and I used to fight constantly, but my mom tells me we're really very alike. However, he hates the Beatles. ha2ha

Thank you for reading it.  It's true, I'm very much like my dad in many ways.  Not always good ways, but still, it counts for something.
And hating The Beatles?  I didn't think that was possible.  THIS WORLD!    ;)  ha2ha

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

Bubby Gnome

« Reply #624 on: February 13, 2010, 12:22:22 AM »

My mother bought me The Beatles 1 CD for christmas when I was 4 and then i started to love them and now they are my favorite band in the whole world

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #625 on: February 13, 2010, 12:24:43 AM »

*hangs head in shame* The Beatles Rock Band, mid October of 2009.

Oh yeah, that's right, I've already been a Beatles fan for about... four months haha

The name's Emily :)

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #626 on: February 15, 2010, 05:17:28 PM »

^ It's alright, it's understandable  ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #627 on: February 18, 2010, 05:09:10 AM »

I think I was a bit happier before this latest blast of Beatles media blitz. Now it's like everyone's jumped on the bandwagon over a video game or some other product. I kind of like it when they're in one of their low popularity periods. It always goes up and down though. Wonder how long this latest buzz will last.

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
« Reply #628 on: February 18, 2010, 05:42:54 AM »

^^I'm admittedly one of the ones who discovered them because of the video game...  :-[

The name's Emily :)

Bubby Gnome

« Reply #629 on: February 19, 2010, 01:08:18 AM »

^^I'm admittedly one of the ones who discovered them because of the video game...  :-[
No need to be embarrassed.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #630 on: February 19, 2010, 01:48:38 AM »

I'm glad people are discovering them. That's not what I meant. I don't know how to explain what I meant.

greenorangered

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #631 on: February 24, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »

My parents. They love them and used to play their music so much.
Guess that's reflected on me. Cause I love them!
And it's great because I get to listen to the Beatles on my parents old vinyls :P

ThisGirlLoves

• One And One Is Two
  • With our love we could save the world
« Reply #632 on: February 25, 2010, 10:09:10 PM »

I love listening to them on vinyl! It almost makes it seem more authentic  ;D

lunchpunch

• A Beginning
  • Turn me on when I get lonely.
    • My livejournal!
« Reply #633 on: March 13, 2010, 09:57:04 AM »

I had always known about The Beatles. My best friend in middle school was a Beatles fan. I had been given an Abbey Road record from a storage unit in 7th grade, my parents had no record player and I didn't get to listen to it then, so I always had it hung up on my wall. I didn't exactly grow up listening to them, but I LOVED the movie Mr. Holland's Opus growing up, and had always known 'Imagine' by heart (even if it wasn't a Beatles song).
Anyway, one day about 2 1/2 to 3 years ago, I was listening to the radio with my dad, in the drive-thru of Subway.
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds came on.
I mentioned that I really liked it. Later, I am the Walrus came on, my dad was singing to it.
My dad suggested I buy a 'hits' album of The Beatles.
Went to the store and asked guy at counter what album to buy. I had picked up the Cirque De Soieli 'LOVE' album, because on the back it had songs I recognized.
I asked him about it, he said 'LOVE' was the album from thier documentary. I now LOL that he told me that.
Listened to CD. Loved it.
Then later I bought Number Ones and Sgt. Pepper.
From that point on, everything escalated.
The rest is history.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 10:02:56 AM by lunchpunch »
Let me show you to my darkroom.

LadyGrinningSoul

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #634 on: March 28, 2010, 02:15:57 AM »

My best friend had been into them for years. We were going to Liverpool the day after I stayed at hers one time, and she put on all of their movies. By the time Yellow Submarine was playing I was converted. That was about 4 years ago.

rosebud84

• Bootleg Members
  • One And One Is Two
« Reply #635 on: April 15, 2010, 08:23:59 AM »

It was the end of November '95 and over 3 nights Anthology was on tv, i knew who The Beatles were, only knew a few songs so i felt to record the show, so i recorded all 3 episodes and i remember on episode 1, just as i'm about to go to sleep, my dad continues to watch it and she loves you comes on, so i jump out of bed, and i stare at the screen in awe because i knew the song, then i went back to bed, a few minutes later i want to hold your hands comes on so i jump out of bed again to watch it  :D my parents weren't massive fans but they knew quite a few songs, anyways after watching all 3 episodes i fell in love with their music, i wasn't into any other music at the time, i would watch anthology everyday after school, for about 6 months then my mum got sick of me watching it she banned me and took away the videos lol and the rest is history  :) am i pathetic for saying i still have those videos lol i don't watch them because i'm planning on getting the dvds but i can't seem to part from them

My dad would always tell me the story of when they were in Australia in 1964, how he went to the town hall and he stood outside and listened to them play......i was born 20 years too late :(

JohnLennon4ever

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #636 on: April 19, 2010, 06:44:14 AM »

I was in reading and we were reading about the Paul is dead hoax and the teacher said "Go home listen to strawberry fields forever.Tell me what you think."So i went home fell in love with the song then I looked at their other songs and just fell in love with them.

blackbird_

• A Beginning
  • I'm feelin' low, so get me high.
« Reply #637 on: April 21, 2010, 04:09:46 PM »

The Beatles are one of those bands that my uncle and my dad used to play all the time. I liked them and all, and they were a part of my growing-up, but I never considered myself a fan. A while after my grandad passed away a year or so ago we were going through his old stuff. In one big box was a record player and a box of records. One of the records was Sgt. Pepper's. I listened, fell in love, and here I am.

I'd love to turn you on.

theonewalrus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #638 on: April 23, 2010, 11:06:22 AM »

Yes... i remember and i say now: wow. What an experience it has been within me. I never feel lonely at all. I actually heard a song in the radio between 2005-06 and i didn't know that it was a song from the 60s. The song was Yellow Submarine. I was actually impressed with the song and i wanted that song. I didn't have computer that time so... i would wait for the radio to air that song... What an addiction that was... and oh yeah i misheard the song as "Yellows Of Marine" (I know you wouldn't believe :D)

The Second Time: This was the time when i had computer with me. I had few of the albums and to say frankly i wasn't impressed at all... Actually i didn't feel them. But the time came when i heard the song I'm Looking Through You from the movie "Ghost Town". I was blown away by that song and this time was really pain. I didn't find the song anywhere... i did have Google and i typed it and from then on... I've heard each one of their song. Back then after i heard that song... i was addicted to the Rubber Soul album... i wasn't much interested in other albums. And then actually i heard some of the songs from Revolver and even this time i wasn't interested... But after some time... it was night time i believe... i heard the Help! album and gradually came to Sgt. Peppers and got back to Please Please Me and that is it... THEY'VE CREATED ANOTHER FAN FROM THEN ON!

Prahlad
India
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:11:00 AM by theonewalrus »

HoneyPie

• One And One Is Two
  • Don't you know that you can count me out... in
« Reply #639 on: April 25, 2010, 11:41:47 PM »

Okay, well this is my first post so be nice :D
My story is probably quite boring, so feel free to just skip over it..

Well, back in grade 6  I watched an old video of yellow submarine. It was not very good quality and after it had finished watching and attempted to rewind it, our video player chewed it up and it was really broken. So that was devastating. But anyway, I was shocked, amazed, dumbfounded. The songs were a billion times better then anything I had heard on commercial radio. The humour was quirky, the characters just great. I started listening to the cd of the movie, and also sgt. pepper. My dad had quite a few beatles cds, but they were the ones I listened to most.
Then it came time for high school, and I went on the first day not knowing anybody. I soon found that no one listened to the beatles, that the earliest decade any of my fellow schoolmates had heard music from was the eighties. If I talked about 'old' music (besides the beatles, I also listened to a bit of the rolling stones and Bob Dylan), everyone would look at me like I was a freak. So I stopped listening to the beatles, pretty much forgot about them, and began to listen to commercial radio, most (if not all) of which was dull and generic.
I went on like this for a few years, until one day we fixed our yellow submarine video and watched it. Once again, I was swept away by it all. I decided at that moment that I don't give a damn if people think I'm weird, as long as I an enjoying myself.
So now I am a beatles fanatic, reading all the books that have been written about them, watching all their movies, and of course listening to and loving all their songs.
I don't really listen to the radio anymore, I'm into my dads old records - the beatles, the stones, dylan, buddy holly, the kinks, the doors, Springsteen, the list is endless.
Well that's it, gosh I rambled on a bit too much. Sorry! But yeah, that's my story. I am so much happier now (in year 10) , then I was in my first year of highschool without the beatles!
I would put a picture but my computer is a (blue) meanie. Have a quote instead!
'I thought she was a sandwich, til she went spare on me finger' ~ Ringo!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 44

Page created in 0.452 seconds with 89 queries.