Other forums > Different Conversations

Random Thoughts

<< < (1963/2108) > >>

Hello Goodbye:

I didn't know I was compared to Elizabeth Montgomery, but I think that I'm in very good company with her

Hello Goodbye:

Hello Goodbye:
If you look to your left, ladies and gentlemen, the view is not very inspiring.  Ahhh, but if you look to your right…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoHTyvBc_0g

KelMar:
^^^
I love these videos, Barry! I must have missed this when you posted it. Before I got distracted looking to my right I was going to say that things sure have changed in my 30 years as a homeowner. It used to be that if an appliance didn't work I called the folks at the repair shop a few miles down the road and they'd come fix it. The month old microwave isn't heating food so I had to talk to someone in the Dominican Rebuplic, spend about 10 minutes on diagnostics to prove it isn't working, get a ticket number and wait to find out that someone at the repair shop a few miles down the road would come fix it. (Or more likely recommend replacement.)  ;D But it was okay...the young man on the phone was quite nice and wanted to know all about the weather in New York. He'd heard about last week's storm. LOL

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: In My Life on March 20, 2017, 08:17:28 PM ---^^^
I love these videos, Barry! I must have missed this when you posted it. Before I got distracted looking to my right I was going to say that things sure have changed in my 30 years as a homeowner. It used to be that if an appliance didn't work I called the folks at the repair shop a few miles down the road and they'd come fix it. The month old microwave isn't heating food so I had to talk to someone in the Dominican Rebuplic, spend about 10 minutes on diagnostics to prove it isn't working, get a ticket number and wait to find out that someone at the repair shop a few miles down the road would come fix it. (Or more likely recommend replacement.)  ;D But it was okay...the young man on the phone was quite nice and wanted to know all about the weather in New York. He'd heard about last week's storm. LOL

--- End quote ---

I think most electrical things now are chuck and replace. In most instances they've come so far down in price that it's cheaper to buy another one than even pay the minimum labor charge to just look to see if anything can be done. When I was a lad there was a shop near us filled with tvs that were being fixed. And I recall a couple of instances of the tvs repairman coming out to look at our tv. It seems now if the rare event happens that your tv doesn't work then its most likely unrepairable anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version