Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Yesterday  (Read 1141 times)

Spiritinthesky

• One And One Is Two
    • This Day
Yesterday
« on: June 17, 2011, 05:37:59 AM »

17th June 1965, working at Abbey Road studios in London, The Beatles completed work on the new Paul McCartney song “Yesterday” - with the overdubbing of an additional vocal track by McCartney and a string quartet.

Paul had recorded his vocal and guitar in two takes - not a bad day’s work for the 23 year-old songwriter.

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/yesterday
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 05:00:22 AM »

17th June 1965, working at Abbey Road studios in London, The Beatles completed work on the new Paul McCartney song “Yesterday” - with the overdubbing of an additional vocal track by McCartney and a string quartet.

Paul had recorded his vocal and guitar in two takes - not a bad day’s work for the 23 year-old songwriter.

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/yesterday

There's more to this site than I noticed! Feel free to post these things in the Beatles history thread. That can be your job.  ;)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 08:31:06 PM »

I keep forgetting how young the guys were when they wrote these amazing songs  8)

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:50:23 PM »

I keep forgetting how young the guys were when they wrote these amazing songs

The songs have a maturity about them. I forget as well. I challenge any 23 year old to write such an enduring, deep song. Probably not going to happen.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 43 queries.