Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 107

Author Topic: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them  (Read 194252 times)

KelMar

Re: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them
« Reply #980 on: August 13, 2013, 03:18:31 AM »

Have you seen or heard the ghost recently?!

I think he may have made his presence know to me last winter. I forgot something so I went back around 8 pm. I didn't think to take my phone in with me so it was pitch dark as I rode up in the lift to the main floor. It's one of those handicapped lifts that's open at the top so I could see up to the ceiling where there was this weird swirling light in one spot. At first I thought it might be headlights flashing through the window but it lasted too long. I beat it over to the light switch and just as I turned it on the cat jumped out at me! Believe me; I didn't waste any time getting what I came for. I have gone back at night since but the light show hasn't returned.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

« Reply #981 on: August 13, 2013, 03:31:29 AM »

There are several good instructional videos on the subject, Kelley.  Here's one...

How To Survive A Zombie Attack

So I don't necessarily need to have a gun. That's good because I usually don't.  ;)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #982 on: August 13, 2013, 07:33:51 PM »

So I don't necessarily need to have a gun. That's good because I usually don't.  ;)
No! A crow bar or a solid knife will do the trick nicely! However you have to get close if your going to stick em'!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #983 on: August 13, 2013, 07:35:27 PM »

I think he may have made his presence know to me last winter. I forgot something so I went back around 8 pm. I didn't think to take my phone in with me so it was pitch dark as I rode up in the lift to the main floor. It's one of those handicapped lifts that's open at the top so I could see up to the ceiling where there was this weird swirling light in one spot. At first I thought it might be headlights flashing through the window but it lasted too long. I beat it over to the light switch and just as I turned it on the cat jumped out at me! Believe me; I didn't waste any time getting what I came for. I have gone back at night since but the light show hasn't returned.
I saw a swirling light image once. I have a very old house and who knows what went on in centuries past!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #984 on: August 14, 2013, 11:00:31 PM »

[quothttp://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/Smileys/classic/grin.gife author=Dcazz link=topic=7861.msg303753#msg303753 date=1376422527]
I saw a swirling light image once. I have a very old house and who knows what went on in centuries past!
[/quote]

There could be all kinds of energy there! My house isn't as old as yours, only about a century old and I've never seen anything unusual here. I did tell the kids that ghosts might come out when we started ripping down the lath and plaster.  ;D

LennMcHarriStarr64

• One And One Is Two
  • Love Beatles
    • The Beatles
« Reply #985 on: August 24, 2013, 04:18:37 AM »

Just watched Threads
second time... got me in life and death perspective!
I am going to buy some food tomorrow and stock the pantry!
Can you imagine the social upheaval if a nuke hit near you?
It would release the beast within mankind, real ugliness...
 ;sorry
My YouTube Channel ~ Full Albums in High Quality!
http://www.youtube.com/user/LennMcHarriStarr64/

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #986 on: August 24, 2013, 10:25:41 AM »

[quothttp://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/Smileys/classic/grin.gife author=Dcazz link=topic=7861.msg303753#msg303753 date=1376422527]

There could be all kinds of energy there! My house isn't as old as yours, only about a century old and I've never seen anything unusual here. I did tell the kids that ghosts might come out when we started ripping down the lath and plaster.  ;D
We have two in our Middle/High School! I've heard it twice and seen the woman once! Very unnerving late in a empty school when your by yourself!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #987 on: August 24, 2013, 09:50:32 PM »

We have two in our Middle/High School! I've heard it twice and seen the woman once! Very unnerving late in a empty school when your by yourself!

What's their stories? Yes, it's amazing how different it is in an empty school, even when thoughts of ghosts aren't an issue.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #988 on: August 24, 2013, 11:35:12 PM »

What's their stories? Yes, it's amazing how different it is in an empty school, even when thoughts of ghosts aren't an issue.

Who you gonna call?

I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #989 on: August 25, 2013, 01:54:10 AM »

The closest I can come to the (sort of) truth is that in the teens or 20's a janitor murdered a young female student in the building. I tried to find the article but got nowhere. This is a very small town and many residents are related and sometimes best left alone.
The first time I was in the gymnasium about 9:30 at night and was systematically locking it up starting at one door and making my way around till I went up on the stage. The stage was all set up with sets for a play the kids were rehearsing so there was stuff everywhere. The 6 light switches were along the wall and the side exit door was after them. Unfortunately for me the night light was broken which could be turned off from the hallway so I had to clear a path thru the sets and count my steps till I could see a tiny light thru an old deadbolt hole after they converted the door to a push bar. After that I went back and turned off all the switches and was in total pitch darkness! The velour curtains of the stage were closed and you could see absolutely nothing! So I slowly made my way till I could see the little light from the hall and made a 90 degree left turn and started making my way towards the door! As I got to the door I reached out to the push bar and that's when it happened!!! Someone-something ran at full speed across the stage and came to a loud stomping stop right behind me! I tell you I went thru that door so fast and slammed it behind me and then hit the alarm code outside the door and it never registered any motion! My heart was beating so fast I thought it might pound out of my chest.
I liken the running steps to the speed of those Olympic gymnasts that run across the mats and do their tumbles and flips only it was the sound of and old wood stage. There was no way a human being could run on that stage with lights on because of all the sets let alone in the pitch black like it was that night.
I told a few people about my experience and that's when all the stories started coming in.
It seems over the years many people have had experiences but they say mine was pretty scary. Some have seen a man in a long coat and hat and others have seen a young pretty girl dressed in a long dress that would have been worn in those days. I counted 13-14 people who had sightings and a few have happened since including two more for me!!! It was a very scary night!!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:59:43 AM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #990 on: August 25, 2013, 06:56:06 AM »

Quote from: Dcazz
It seems over the years many people have had experiences but they say mine was pretty scary.

Really! Even if it wasn't a ghost you wouldn't want to stick around in the dark to find out.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #991 on: August 25, 2013, 12:06:51 PM »

Really! Even if it wasn't a ghost you wouldn't want to stick around in the dark to find out.
I got out of there! If it was a person the motion alarm would have gone off and the police would have come!
The next week I was telling a co-worker about my experience and he was doubtful. We were at the bottom of the stairs where the alarm keypad was and the gym was locked and alarmed. just as he said he didn't believe it two big bangs came from the gym door from inside the gym. We all went in different directions when that happened too! Lol! The gym was also locked and alarmed at the time so any movement would have brought the police!
My co-worker Rodger and another guy saw the girl shape sail across the HS gym about a year later so he's come to accept something's going on!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #992 on: August 25, 2013, 10:39:35 PM »

Another Earth. Slow moving but well made movie about another earth and duality etc... I liked it. Strange though.
Mark Twain

nimrod

« Reply #993 on: August 26, 2013, 11:03:28 PM »

thats reminds me I once worked in part of an old mill in England, the building dated back to the early industrial revolution there were rumours of the ghost of an old man who hanged himself in the mill, I never believed it at all, as I tend not to believe in the supernatural.
One night I had to finish a job I was working on, the last person left about 7pm leaving me alone, it was winter so dark nights, everything was ok (well I had an uneasy feeling) until it was time to leave, I realized that I had to switch all the lights off near an office which was about 30 yards or so from the door to get out, so I had to walk the 30 yards in the dark......at this point I wasnt worried at all and I wasnt even thinking about ghosts BUT....
I can tell you that that 30 yards was the scariest Ive ever been in my life, I could feel the air totally change around me and a fear washed over me like a running shower......I swear if Id turned around I wouldve seen the old guy in his bib & brace overalls, my whole f***ing nervous system stood on end and its a wonder I didnt p*ss my pants the fear was so great.

I scurried the last 10 yards and once outside I was shaking like a leaf for a good hour.

I dont really believe in ghosts but whenever I think of that night in 1975 it still sends a chill down my spine.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #994 on: August 26, 2013, 11:56:30 PM »

thats reminds me I once worked in part of an old mill in England, the building dated back to the early industrial revolution there were rumours of the ghost of an old man who hanged himself in the mill, I never believed it at all, as I tend not to believe in the supernatural.
One night I had to finish a job I was working on, the last person left about 7pm leaving me alone, it was winter so dark nights, everything was ok (well I had an uneasy feeling) until it was time to leave, I realized that I had to switch all the lights off near an office which was about 30 yards or so from the door to get out, so I had to walk the 30 yards in the dark......at this point I wasnt worried at all and I wasnt even thinking about ghosts BUT....
I can tell you that that 30 yards was the scariest Ive ever been in my life, I could feel the air totally change around me and a fear washed over me like a running shower......I swear if Id turned around I wouldve seen the old guy in his bib & brace overalls, my whole f***ing nervous system stood on end and its a wonder I didnt p*ss my pants the fear was so great.

I scurried the last 10 yards and once outside I was shaking like a leaf for a good hour.

I dont really believe in ghosts but whenever I think of that night in 1975 it still sends a chill down my spine.
You probably would have! I don't believe in them as ghosts but use it as a general term. I believe after much reading, biblically they are called "familiar spirits" and it's not really them but imitators that know exactly who they are and are purposed to distract you from the spiritual truth of that Jesus has for us if we accept it. I always remember, it's a war out there!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #995 on: August 27, 2013, 12:15:35 AM »

...my whole f***ing nervous system stood on end and its a wonder I didnt p*ss my pants the fear was so great.

No, just your Pontine Micturition Center (Barrington's Nucleus) mate.

;)

nimrod

« Reply #996 on: August 27, 2013, 12:33:55 AM »

;)

yes doctor.....

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #997 on: August 27, 2013, 03:44:10 AM »

;)
...and the cure?!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #998 on: August 27, 2013, 03:45:56 AM »

...and the cure?!

Stay away from ghosts.    ;D

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #999 on: August 27, 2013, 04:01:17 AM »

Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 107

Page created in 1.324 seconds with 79 queries.