Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I ME MINE by George Harrison  (Read 3579 times)

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
I ME MINE by George Harrison
« on: August 24, 2004, 01:29:56 AM »

Has any one read this book, i heard John and Paul don't like it very much cause it basicly talks about then not giving George some support....What do you think about this book? do you recommend this book to other Beatle fans? tell me what you think?  :)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: I ME MINE by George Harrison
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 03:24:29 AM »

It's a light read,not much content.  Derek Taylor basically wrote it...George provides some pictures and drawings and handwritten lyrics, but no real revelations.

John complained he was not mentioned in the book, but of course in fact he was, quite a few times.

If you're interested go ahead and read it, it's not bad.  Just not a lot to it.

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 11:30:52 PM »

Not a whole lot to it, aaaaaaaas mentioned. I really like this one section where he explains some of the songs he wrote. =3

...also, the first Beatle book I ever read. =D
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

Paulsluv

• A Thousand Pages
  • Hold me tight, Paul!
    • My livejournal
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 11:33:25 PM »

I found it an interesting, but simple biographiy. It's been years since I read it.
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.--Lilo and Stitch.
Beatles to battle!--Paul, Yellow Submarine movie
Listen. Do you want to know a secret?
Have you hugged your Paul Today?
Drop me a letter in my mailbox. :D

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 03:36:17 AM »

all thru the day.........

Wayne L.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 01:07:11 PM »

I thought I Me Mine was alright as an autobiography by George but it could have been much better even though the lyrics & the pictures were great.  

Bohemian Beauty

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 09:09:35 PM »

I read it a while ago... but I remember liking it. There was a quote in Latin, I think, and I remember that!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 01:09:58 AM »

I just finished this and was surprised by how short the book was.  There are many pages filled with photographs and lyrics, but George's actual autobiography section is under 100 pages long.  It's really more of a quick overview of his life and interests.  If you're looking for lots of details and secrets about his time with the Beatles, this is not the book for you.  George pretty much glosses over his Beatle days, and I don't think he even mentions his divorce from Pattie Boyd.  

However, this is a nice read if you want to get a feel for George's character and personality, and the lyric facsimiles are a plus.  I also liked Olivia Harrison's loving introduction about her time with her husband--you can tell that she really loves and misses him.  Overall, I would recommend this for Beatles and George fans, but don't expect lots of information from it.

Lastly, one thing I didn't quite understand was why Derek Taylor was not listed as a co-author, since he also wrote long sections for this book.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 04:31:53 AM »

Quote from: 1620
Lastly, one thing I didn't quite understand was why Derek Taylor was not listed as a co-author, since he also wrote long sections for this book.
It's probably a marketing thing. It's not unusual for the celebrity to get author credit, while the "ghost writer" (read, "real author") gets none, or a "Famous Person... also with no-name person" on the cover.

I do recommend anyone who's curious to pick up this book from the library. Honestly, you can read it in about 2 hours, and then you can form your own opinions on how upset John, Paul, and anyone else ought to be. :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 04:37:51 PM »

^^^^^^The book has a wonderful photo of Neil Aspinall in it............

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »

I didn't care for it much

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 10:30:25 PM »

I just got this book for Christmas, and so far I've read part of the Introduction. It doesn't seem like I read too much yet, but I'm juggling several books right now. But the introduction is unique and loving, and for those who read it, the thing about some captions purposly not matching the photos is hilarious! When you flip through it, most of it is pictures and handwritten lyrics. There's not as much as I'd hoped there'd be to read, but it still looks like it's a great book.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Page created in 0.232 seconds with 68 queries.