Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My thoughts...  (Read 3180 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
My thoughts...
« on: August 16, 2004, 05:20:41 AM »

Well, I was thinking the other day that this Cute Beatle label has really been a hinderance rather than a help to Paul because, well, it's kind of superficial huh? I mean it's nice being told that you're attractive, but, in the music industry would you rather be known as the cute one or the smart one?
Besides, we have to face the fact that paul has grown old and is no longer cute. so, he can't escape that label although it no longer suits him. Kind of sad isn't it?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: My thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 05:41:14 AM »

[quote by=Mairi link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1092633641,s=0 date=1092633641]Well, i wa sthinking the other day that this Cute Beatle label has really been a hinderance rather than a help to Paul because, well, it's kind of superficial huh? I mean it's nice being told that you're attractive, but, in the music industry would you rather be known as the cute one or the smart one?
Besides, we have to face the fact that paul has grown old and is no longer cute. so, he can't escape that label although it no loner suits him. Kind of sad isn't it?[/quote]

I think his musical chops more than compensate for his droopy mug.  And I know plenty of women who still find him attractive.  It's more than the physical I guess.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 07:12:54 AM »

[quote by=Mairi link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1092633641,s=0 date=1092633641] but, in the music industry would you rather be known as the cute one or the smart one?
[/quote]

Who's the smart one?

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 06:51:15 PM »

You look at Paul's fossilized kisser these days and somehow find something perversely positive to appreciate that Elvis didn't live past 42 (today's the 27th Anniversary of his passing).

luvsthebeatles

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 01:58:30 AM »

Hey, for being over 60 years old, he's not too bad looking. :p
I've just seen a face I can't forget the time or place where we just met...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 03:35:04 AM »

All I can think about when I look at Paul now is how gorgeous he used to be and how I can't believe it's the same person. I don't like his new face lift and dyed hair look. I liked him better with the gray and droopy face. I guess Heather wasn't thrilled about the old Paul either.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 04:20:48 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1092633641,s=5 date=1094614504]All I can think about when I look at Paul now is how gorgeous he used to be and how I can't believe it's the same person. I don't like his new face lift and dyed hair look. I liked him better with the gray and droopy face. I guess Heather wasn't thrilled about the old Paul either. [/quote]

Face lifts are like breakfast cereal to performers.

So what?

EVERYone ages (except Dick "dorian Gray" Clark).  Paul had many years of going from pretty-to-handsome-to-kinda cute-to-aged, normal looking.  I think he did alright for himself.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 04:40:29 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1092633641,s=6 date=1094617248]

Face lifts are like breakfast cereal to performers.

So what?

EVERYone ages (except Dick "dorian Gray" Clark).  Paul had many years of going from pretty-to-handsome-to-kinda cute-to-aged, normal looking.  I think he did alright for himself.

[/quote]

I'm not saying I'm against face lifts or anything. I mean, I live in Los Angeles, it's kinda the norm. I just think he looked better before he had it done. I like him looking more natural. I wasn't digging the Paul at the concert for George wearing all that pancake makeup and trying to make his hair look like it did when he was a fab.  I don't care that he does it, I just don't prefer it. When I compare him to his old self it's only because I grew up staring at the face and memorizing every nook and cranny! So it still shocks me to see him old. Yeah, for an old guy, he does look pretty good! BTW, I think George had aged the best of those three. He looked very sexy even towards the end.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 04:41:23 AM »

PS

Yes everyone does age! I'm aging as we speak...and I DON'T like it!! ;D

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 05:06:59 AM »

Didn't mean to sound confrontational with that 'so what'?  Your point is certainly valid and not yours alone.

Clearly Paul, of all people, has some major insecurities.  Damn him for being human!  :)

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2004, 03:51:28 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1092633641,s=5 date=1094614504]All I can think about when I look at Paul now is how gorgeous he used to be and how I can't believe it's the same person. I don't like his new face lift and dyed hair look. I liked him better with the gray and droopy face. I guess Heather wasn't thrilled about the old Paul either. [/quote]

hmmm now your making me think differen't about Heather....:-/

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 62 queries.