Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Mersey Beat  (Read 26902 times)

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
Re: Mersey Beat
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2009, 12:29:57 PM »

Unfortunately, although www.merseybeat.co.uk is still on the net, I've had to ask them to freeze all sales of Mersey Beat product because I had to end the licence with the people who I originally dealt with because they never paid me for any of the Mersey Beat products they sold. So, for the time being, you won't be aqble to buy anything from the site. I am actually trying to arrange to take over the site, but it might take some time.

larainefan

• A Beginning
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 02:22:23 PM »

I hate to hear that!  Let us know when it's resolved, I do want those two items, but of course I also want you to be compensated.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »

On 9 December I'll be appearing on the American radio show Coast To Coast. They'll be phoning me between 6 and 7 in the evening, British time. Among the topics will be the ghost at the Cavern.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2009, 05:12:33 PM »

Do you know what station it's on Bill? I'll try and find it on the net.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2009, 07:29:15 PM »

http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2009, 07:42:22 PM »

The website's such a mess I can't see if you can listen online.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »

For the past few years I've wanted Liverpool to have a permanent memorial to John. I worked out a detailed proposal for a John Lennon Week in Liverpool next October - and it has turned out to be a potential three-month John Lennon celebration. We'll want John's fans from all over the world to come to Liverpool for some special events. I had a meeting about it this morning.
Also, this afternoon I was at a meeting for London Sixties Week. We are going to have some fab events set for London next July and they will herald an annual events.

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2009, 11:34:58 AM »

That sounds pretty exciting! How was the meeting and is anything set yet?

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2009, 03:26:37 PM »

The initial meetings went well and I'll be attending the first major meeting in Liverpool the first week in January. It was decided that there should be events and extra special exclusive items regarding John which would be of value for his fans. I'll keep you informed of all events. When I spoke at a tribute service to John at St Nicholas' church in Liverpool a few years ago, I said I was determined to see that Liverpool had a permanent memorial to John, now it looks as if it will happen - this time sited at the Pier Head.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2009, 06:55:32 PM »

I am now on Twitter. My identity there is 'Merseybeat 1961'

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2010, 07:22:54 PM »

Have just returned from Liverpool. We were delayed a few days because of the ice on the roads. While there I had a number of important meetings to discuss making Liverpool the centre of John Lennon celebrations this year, so there will be a three month series of evernts to pay tribute to the 70th anniversary of his birth and 30th anniversary of his death. It's also the anniversary of Stuart Sutcliffe's 70th birthday. What would you like to see in Liverpool at the end of this year?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2010, 10:00:25 PM »

John`s songs sung live and John`s sons (I understand only one of them might) coming to Liverpool to perform. These are the first things that come to mind.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2010, 12:49:10 PM »

We are actively seeking participation from Cynthia and Julian. The Philharmonic Orchestra have already performed a concert of John's music and may do so again for us. The direction will be of John's Liverpool associations and the first 28 years of his life.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2010, 02:27:53 PM »

Please, when are the celebrations going to take place? I might travel to Britain then!  ;yes

parist

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2010, 10:46:09 AM »

. It's also the anniversary of Stuart Sutcliffe's 70th birthday. What would you like to see in Liverpool at the end of this year?

Bill,
Any chance of seeing the Stuart Sutcliffe Lecture Series. I understand that this is a multi-media presentation series chronicling the art of Stuart Sutcliffe (authored/presented by Pauline Sutcliffe/Diane Vitale)

Has it ever been shown anywhere in the UK before?

how about a screening of the rarely screened film "Midnight Angel" (1990) Granada TV

or a talk by your good self, on your friendship & recollections of Stuart.

Just some ideas..

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2010, 10:54:41 AM »

Parist, I haven't heard of the Stuart Sutcliffe multi-media presentation, although I'll try and get details. It's certainly the time for something to be done, this being the 70th anniversary of his birth. Stuart Sutcliffe: A Retrospective was a special exhibition in Liverpool in 2008 and Rod Murray and I contributed to the exhibition book.
I will see what I can do. I am currently in touch with various former art students and will see what other memories they may be able to contribute. I'll certainly try and get something done this year in memory of my dear friend Stuart.

parist

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2010, 11:16:44 AM »

Bill,
great!! great!! great!!

cheers man & good luck with this.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »

Was in Liverpool yesterday for meeting re the John Lennon anniversary plans for October - December. I'll be bringing out a special issue of Mersey Beat in August and also one devoted to John in October. For those who didn't see my last August issue, here it is again: http://issuu.com/liverpool/docs/mersey_beat
I've also been  interviewing Leslie Cavendish, the Beatles hairdresser.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2010, 04:00:36 PM »

The John Lennon Season in Liverpool will take place between October and December this year

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »

Received two book commissions in one day this week, both about John Lennon. Also meeting Larry Kane and Danny Somach tomorrow and will be up in Liverpool for the next John Lennon Season meeting on Tuesday and back in London for the 60s London Meeting on Wednesday, will also be meeting Ken Howard, who used to manage and write for groupd such as Dave Dee, Dozy, Mick and Tich.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 73 queries.