Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Who was John Lennon ? Interview with biographer Tim Riley  (Read 1673 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
Who was John Lennon ? Interview with biographer Tim Riley
« on: September 24, 2011, 11:53:38 PM »

The Christian Science Monitor
September 22, 2011
Who was John Lennon? Interview with biographer Tim Riley
Lennon biographer Tim Riley talks about John, his relationships with Yoko Ono and Paul McCartney, and the mystique that surrounds them all.

Tim Riley has been a music critic for nearly three decades now. His first book, "Tell Me Why" examines the music of the Beatles, song by song. This month his latest book, Lennon: The Man, the Myth, the Music – the Definitive Life, a 700-plus page biography of John Lennon, is being released. I recently had a chance to talk to Riley about his book and his lifelong fascination with the Beatles. Here are excerpts of our conversation:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Books/2011/0922/Who-was-John-Lennon-Interview-with-biographer-Tim-Riley
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Toejam

• A Beginning
Re: Who was John Lennon ? Interview with biographer Tim Riley
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 07:33:47 AM »

This guy is an idiot. I don't like him. The bit where he goes "That was really like WOW! They were really dealing with a major drug problem. And we sort of know that. In mythic terms we know that he was a major drug user." Is just pathetic. He's just desperately trying to convince himself that he's unearthed some amazing new fact and he hasn't. Good luck to him selling his book (that's sarcastic btw)but please don't BS me!
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 07:36:28 AM »

and this...Will Paul McCartney ever tell his story? Do you think he will write a memoir?
I think he’s going to take it all with him.

Paul's already told his story! roll:)
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 08:04:39 AM »

This guy is an idiot. I don't like him. The bit where he goes "That was really like WOW! They were really dealing with a major drug problem. And we sort of know that. In mythic terms we know that he was a major drug user." Is just pathetic. He's just desperately trying to convince himself that he's unearthed some amazing new fact and he hasn't. Good luck to him selling his book (that's sarcastic btw)but please don't BS me!

yes he is a full idiot

sregis

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »

for me, the fact that john and yoko were full-blown heroin users as early as the white album sessions is a significant bit of information, considering their state of minds and relationships-  the least of which w/ the other beatles.  the other 3 were clearly very protective of john's heavier drug use, which they must've suspected.  i'm reading the riley book now, and feel much of his analysis of this period is insightful and important.

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 50 queries.