Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: George to get Walk of Fame star  (Read 1568 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
George to get Walk of Fame star
« on: June 23, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »

BEATLE HARRISON + RICKY MARTIN SET FOR 2008 STAR HONOURS

Late BEATLES star GEORGE HARRISON, RICKY MARTIN, country duo BROOKS + DUNN, TIM ROBBINS and CATE BLANCHETT will be among the stars honoured with stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2008. Hollywood's honorary mayor Johnny Grant announced the list of 2008 inductees on Wednesday, noting recipients were chosen from hundreds of nominations received by the Walk of Fame Committee. Others featured on the 2008 roll-call include Christina Aguilera, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Angela Bassett, comic book guru Stan Lee and the Munchkins from The Wizard of Oz.

I think it's appropriate that George gets a star along with the Munchkins and Stan Lee. I think he'd appreciate the absurdity.

I'm very glad to see so many (albeit belated) tributes to George. I guess there are a lot of people like me who didn't really begin to appreciate him until after he was gone. Although he was my favorite person from the Anthology series, I didn't really follow his work or know that much about him until recently. Now I'm discovering what an amazing person he was in so many ways. So it makes me feel good, to know that someone can try to live their life well and-- eventually-- other people will realize how cool that is.

Good wishes and happy thoughts to George and his loved ones, wherever they may be. You earned it, buddy! Cheers.

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Wayne L.

Re: George to get Walk of Fame star
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 02:34:46 PM »

George deserves a  star on the Hollwood Walk Of Fame more than no talents like Brooks & Dunn & Ricky Martin any day of the week.  It's also great that the Munchkins from The Wizard Of Oz will be getting one as well.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 04:24:25 PM »

I'm not sure what George would have thought of this, but it's nice to be recognised. Ricky Martin??? :-/

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 10:13:50 PM »

Quote from: 483
Ricky Martin??? :-/

It's just getting a joke now i think.
what next, Girls Aloud?  :-/ :P

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 12:00:51 PM »

yea, its good his efforts being recognized (in that level). It'll be interesting the other two's words regarding this.

Nice picture, HH

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 01:56:21 PM »

Thanks, KE! I have a few tribute pictures, even though they make me sad.

Do any of the other Beatles have stars? It makes more sense for George because of his Handmade Films, but that was hardly a Hollywood venture.

Quote from: 483
I'm not sure what George would have thought of this, but it's nice to be recognised.
George might have said "Hollywood!" and then "FAME!!!" and then filed suit. But I think he deserves the recognition, and I'm glad to see him get it. Even with all the caveats!  ;D

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Page created in 1.193 seconds with 49 queries.