Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Ukraine - Crimea  (Read 44481 times)

nimrod

Re: Ukraine - Crimea
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2014, 05:05:05 AM »

The word "tragedy" has been used a number of times in the preceding posts.  Words like "massacre," "murder" and "crime" are more suitable.

agreed 

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2014, 05:35:18 AM »

They should kill 300 citizens of Europe and Australia to make people talk about "massacre, murder and crime". Thousands of refugees there are; hundreds of innocent people (amoung them children too) were killed in Ukraine during months, but you said little. I understand and don't blame. I only hope the war will end soon. Meanwhile the war came to Donetsk, where are my relatives. They can't sleep at night because sounds of gunfire and explosions are too loud. And they already lost some of their's familiars.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:41:33 AM by Dmitry »

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2014, 07:48:49 AM »

They should kill 300 citizens of Europe and Australia to make people talk about "massacre, murder and crime". Thousands of refugees there are; hundreds of innocent people (amoung them children too) were killed in Ukraine during months, but you said little.

Of course you are 100% right. Unfortionately it just seems to be a very human thing.

"Did you hear about that bus full of tourists that drove off a cliff in Peru? Luckily there were no Dutch people in it!"
"It's very, very tragic that 4469 Americans had to die in that war in Iraq... Sorry, what? There were over half a million Iraqi casualties? Well, that's too bad, isn't it?"
"I think that country just might be a threat to our country. I say we should just drop an atom bomb on it and be done with it."
"I know there are thousands of orphans starving to death in other countries, but shouldn't we help the poor children in our own country first? I know this kid who's never even been on a holiday because his parents can't afford it, who not help him instead of some children that live thousands of miles away?"

I hear stuff like that all the time and obviously it's just wrong. But I guess that's just how most of us humans are built. I try not to think that way, but in this regard I guess that nobody's completely innocent...

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2014, 08:16:15 AM »

Right! a very human thing! One can't think about all people in the World. I don't care about children in Africa because I have my own problems. Though I can compassionate and be unhappy thinking about poor children.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2014, 09:41:21 AM »

Though I can compassionate and be unhappy thinking about poor children.

I'm glad somebody's doing my share.

KelMar

« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »

Right! a very human thing! One can't think about all people in the World.

I think it's a survival mechanism really but some people take it too far. It can be hard to strike a balance.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2014, 03:39:49 AM »

They should kill 300 citizens of Europe and Australia to make people talk about "massacre, murder and crime". Thousands of refugees there are; hundreds of innocent people (amoung them children too) were killed in Ukraine during months, but you said little. I understand and don't blame. I only hope the war will end soon. Meanwhile the war came to Donetsk, where are my relatives. They can't sleep at night because sounds of gunfire and explosions are too loud. And they already lost some of their's familiars.

Dmitry, I understand your frustration and I'm certain you were addressing us collectively but in case your remark was leveled at me, please look again at what I posted in this thread on 21 March 2014:  Re: Ukraine - Crimea

I likened Putin to Stalin.  Under Joseph Stalin's rule the purges, executions, ethnic deportations, NKVD mass operations, gulags, Holodomor Famine (Ukrainian Genocide), and German population transfers accounted for the death of 20-30 million people.  He was the biggest mass murderer of them all!

I'm of Ukrainian descent.  My grandparents had the courage to immigrate to the United States in 1921.  They took with them whatever they could carry in a suitcase.  Had they not done that, they would have wound up names on some long-forgotten and misplaced list of those who perished during those awful years.

I certainly understand your feelings, Dmitry.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2014, 04:34:22 AM »

Thanks Barry!

My wife's brother with family moved yesterday to the south, to Mariupol. My father- and mother-in-law are still in Donetsk thinking to venture to leave their house with acquired property.

It looks like Ukraninan army and foreign squads overpower rebels.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2014, 04:47:43 AM »

I called my relatives yesterday via Skype. Mother-in-law was crying, she was shaking. All because rockets were flying above their heads.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2014, 04:59:04 AM »

I can only imagine the terror your family is going through right now, Dmitry.  I wish there was an easy and quick solution to the problems that region has repeatedly experienced.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2014, 05:16:13 AM »

Talking about speech by the Dutch minister of Foreign Affairs in the UN Council.
You should know how people are dying when a depressurization of the cabin at an altitude of 10,000 meters happens. Low pressure and subzero temperature... People in cabin are dead long before the airplane falls. I will not write here details of what happend with human organisms, because on inertent there is a lot of information on it.
And by the way due to the fact that rebels quickly collected the dead bodies and put them in the fridge, there left something to send to Holland.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2014, 02:51:49 PM »

I called my relatives yesterday via Skype. Mother-in-law was crying, she was shaking. All because rockets were flying above their heads.

That sounds terrifying, Dmitry; I'm so sorry.  :'(   Like Barry said, I wish there were a quick and easy solution to all of this.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2014, 09:57:04 PM »

Galina Vasilyevna Starovoitova   20 November 1998
Sergei Yushenkov   17 April 2003
Yuri Petrovich Shchekochikhin   3 July 2003
Nikolai Mikhailovich Girenko   19 June 2004
Paul Klebnikov   9 July 2004
Andrei Andreyevich Kozlov    14 September 2006
Anna Stepanovna Politkovskaya   7 October 2006
Alexander Valterovich Litvinenko   23 November 2006
Stanislav Yuryevich Markelov   19 January 2009
Natalya Khusainovna Estemirova   15 July 2009

Bobber

« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2014, 02:57:39 PM »

Talking about speech by the Dutch minister of Foreign Affairs in the UN Council.
You should know how people are dying when a depressurization of the cabin at an altitude of 10,000 meters happens. Low pressure and subzero temperature... People in cabin are dead long before the airplane falls. I will not write here details of what happend with human organisms, because on inertent there is a lot of information on it.
And by the way due to the fact that rebels quickly collected the dead bodies and put them in the fridge, there left something to send to Holland.

Sorry we hurt your field mister. Should we be happy now?

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2014, 03:06:52 PM »

Why? Did I say something wrong, Cor? I've watched an interesting interview with a medical examiner, PhD. He recounted what's happening with people.

Bobber

« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2014, 06:17:12 PM »

Sarcasm maybe. But you make it sound as if it is not so bad after all and that the Dutch should be thankful.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2014, 06:52:34 PM »

Cor, I never had a thought like this in my mind! I'm sorry; I was misunderstood. The one thought I had is that politics trifle with affections. This crash and deaths are awful. After I read details  I myself is more afraid of flights. Thanks to my friend in NYC who helped me not to think much about my upcoming flight.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2014, 05:26:38 PM »

eaceful Donetsk last November. Now there is a war :'( I was there. I miss it very much!

Поездка по ночному Донецку (3 ноября 2013 г.), часть 1 (6)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uhc71MUSdY&amp;list=PLH7Pa88qehpEpp1X6-istXqMDIWrRHc9D" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uhc71MUSdY&amp;list=PLH7Pa88qehpEpp1X6-istXqMDIWrRHc9D</a>
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:28:49 PM by Dmitry »

nimrod

« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »

Hi Dmitry
It must be hard for you at this time mate and I hope your family are ok

But can you tell me why wont Putin do more to help get the investigators to the crash site and find out who did this, I mean he obviously supplied the hardware but he should do more to find out who abused this weapon.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2014, 10:22:09 PM »

I mean he obviously supplied the hardware but he should do more to find out who abused this weapon.

By supplying the weapon he abused the weapon. 

Add 298 names to the list above.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Page created in 0.725 seconds with 74 queries.