Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: The Rolling Stones  (Read 64123 times)

SallyG

• A Beginning
Re: The Rolling Stones
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 07:10:12 PM »

Yeah. I wouldn't go for a 'Greatest Hits' package. 'Let It Bleed', 'Beggar's Banquet' are great '12X5' is great early bluesy stuff.. PM me with your address, I'll be glad to make a decent compilation. The best stuff is usually not what you hear on the radio, and they do have alot of great stuff.   -SG-
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 03:56:41 AM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power
I like almost all of the big 60s bands, but somehow I just can't get into the Stones, even though I really tried. I even got the 40 Licks double CD and tried to enjoy it, but I just really don't like the Rolling Stones.

listen to:

I Got The Blues
Tumbling Dice
Sweet Virginia
Wild Horses
Salt Of The Earth
b****
The Lantern
Beast Of Burden

they have way more songs i didnt think a rock fan wouldnt enjoy, if you still dont like them then get stoned and listen to them

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 05:17:29 PM »

I got floor seats for the stones row 26, it cost a pretty penny though.

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 07:40:23 PM »

Quote from: ma_tt2
I got floor seats for the stones row 26, it cost a pretty penny though.

Wear your hi-heeled sneaker baby, but will be cool is that the stage, unless they've changed it, they wheel back and do a set towards the back, and you will probably be in good position.

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 07:48:34 PM »

p.s. Chicago--Soldier Field --October 23, on a f***ing Monday. Doesnt' Chicago get the good days like Friday or Saturday. I'd go to see Keef again if I ain't employed.

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 08:08:45 AM »

I've actually got great seats, 5 seats away from the walk out part of the stage

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 11:55:42 AM »

I'm seeing them tonight! I'll let you know how it goes! :)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 12:17:35 PM »

My god, I've been here for over an hour and I haven't even mentioned the Rolling Stones concert I went to last night!!!! But now I have run out of time - the next time you hear from me might be AFTER I get back from Liverpool!!!

AL (flower)

Bobber

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 12:27:33 PM »

Don't bother. Tell us about Liverpool instead.  ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
The Rolling Stones
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 04:59:56 AM »

I didn't see a thread for them in this section so I thought I'd start one. We don't talk about them much here it seems. I've been listening to them a lot lately. I think they're probably the second greatest band of all time. But I'm really into them at the moment, so that opinion could change in a few months.

I found this interview with Mick Jagger. He sounds like a COMPLETELY different person. This must be his real accent. No bad grammer or slurring words here. He sounds very stuffy! But he looks GORGEOUS!! He's a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, boy.
PtxD0TXqaO4

This is how I'm used to him talking. I can maybe understand about half of what he's saying. This one's creepy though. He looks way to feminine or something. Ick.
8Qp_1OpYLV0

One of the greatest songs ever:
bGAWE7l-fgU

Mick at about 1:16 gives me chills. When he goes woooo! At that point I think I would be willing to do anything he wanted. Like some mindless groupie. I'm so ashamed!  ;D

Wayne L.

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »

I will always remember the Stones during the late 60's/early 70's when their music was ballsy & their image was the baddest. I have been a dedicated RS fan for a long time with Get Yer Ya Yas Out being one of my all time favorite live albums.  I plan on seeing them next time live, if there is a next time, but I'm not expecting anymore tours afterward.  

lennon-legend

• Getting Better
  • Imagine...
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 09:01:23 PM »

Yes, The Rolling Stones are one of the greatest bands of all time, no doubt about that... their stage presence, attitude and music are great...and yes, Gimme Shelter is definitely one of their strongest songs...it's got a "hauting" vibe to it..love it...
They just rock...no wonder they still sell out shows 40 years later...

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 09:10:56 PM »

I didn't use to like them (their fans turned me off mostly) but I've really gotten into their music over the past two years. I love some of their slower songs, especially Wild Horses, but I think they are best when they are in their blues/rock mode.

And Mick is the eternal hotness <3333 i just love the way he moves on stage.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 03:35:55 AM »

Angie rules too. God I love that song! I can't stop listening to that this month. That and Tumbling Dice and Sympathy for the Devil and Rip This Joint and Beast of Burden and You Can't Always Get What You Want and Respectable and Shattered and so on!! But I'd still chuck it all if I had to choose between their entire catalogue and the song Let It Be.

Okay. One last YouTube video. Mairi you have to look at this one and tell me what you think. I'm dying to know your opinion. It's from their 1978 Saturday Night Live performance. I've seen that episode, but amazingly enough I don't remember this moment. You'd think that this image would have been burned into my brain or something, but no. The Shattered performance where he rips up his shirt left a greater impact. Strange what sticks in your head and what doesn't.

3B2eBHucDMw

:o

Bobber

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 07:04:51 AM »

Quote from: 411
Yes, The Rolling Stones are one of the greatest bands of all time, no doubt about that... their stage presence, attitude and music are great...and yes, Gimme Shelter is definitely one of their strongest songs...it's got a "hauting" vibe to it..love it...
They just rock...no wonder they still sell out shows 40 years later...

They didn't sell out over here this year. Fans are getting tired of the announcement that it is their last tour. They have said that for at least ten years.

nousha

• A Beginning
  • Fairy witch
    • My Poetry
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 07:14:31 AM »

I wan't Stones fan for a long time, but recently I started to listen to their music more. Well, OK, my favourite songs are still Angie, Wild Horses and Out of Tears. I assume their earlier stuff is something I'd like a lot, so I'll have to find their albums. I had to write a review of the DVD in Rio and that was amazing, so now I'm going to see them in Belgrade in two weeks.

Bobber, you're lucky you can get tired of such a thing. They have never been and will never come to Bulgaria so it's a huge opportunity for many people here to go and see them in the nearby countries (Romania, Serbia). I'm glad their last show wasn't ten years ago, when I didn't like them - I would have missed the show  :-/
On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux   My blogspace

Bobber

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 08:07:44 AM »

You're very right, nousha. In a way we are spoiled.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 08:13:14 AM »

I think that during the Mick Taylor years their music was more vital and relevant than The Beatles (just).
I'd rather have sympathy for the devil than letting it be any day.
don't follow leaders

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »

As much as I love Sympathy for the Devil, I think that if I listened to it a hundred times I'd be completely sick of it. With Let It Be, I KNOW I have listened to it at LEAST a hundred times and I'm nowhere near sick of it. It still gives me shivers. But only the album version. I need that distorted guitar solo and loud drums.

I'm not sure I know what you mean about their music being more relevant at that time. As in how?

BlueMeanie

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 02:32:33 PM »

Quote from: 216
I'm not sure I know what you mean about their music being more relevant at that time. As in how?

To me The Beatles 'sound' was beginning to sound a little out of date by 1969. Don't get me wrong, I love Let It Be, and Abbey Road, but The Stones at that time sounded just a bit more hip to me. A bit more 'current', if you see what I mean.

Sorry if I'm not explaining myself very well!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Page created in 0.409 seconds with 81 queries.