Beatles forums > The Beatles

Most Beatle-esque songs by other artists

<< < (12/12)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
I remember when I was a teenager and didn't know a lot about the Beatles, I thought that "California Dreamin'" by the Mamas & the Papas was a Beatles' song. Funny enough, last time I listened to "California Dreamin'" my wife asked me if they were the Beatles...

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
This song reminds me a bit to "Taxman":

Gene Clark - Elevator Operator

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: Sir John Johns on December 03, 2013, 09:22:12 PM ---Crowded House - Four Seasons In One Day (from Woodface)
XTC - I'd Like That (from Apple Venus Vol.1)
XTC - The Disappointed (From Nonsuch)
World Party - What Is Love All About (from Bang!)
Big Star when the were still known as Ice Water - All I See Is You (from the box set Keep An Eye On the Sky) , this track is identical to Dig A Pony
10CC - Oh Donna (or is this a cover of Oh Darling)

--- End quote ---

I've always used Woodface by Crowded house as the best example of a Beatle like album. For that album the usual crew were joined by Neil Finn's older brother Tim, who provided a Paul-like melody to Neil's more John-like sound. It's my favourite Crowded House album for the depth the two different styles the brothers bring. As well as some Beatlesque harmonies. They even have a song by their (zany of course) drummer.

Sir John Johns:
Together Alone just edges Woodface for me, but it does have the same esthetic - Private Universe being the most Beatley track.

--- Quote from: Moogmodule on December 16, 2013, 07:27:08 AM ---I've always used Woodface by Crowded house as the best example of a Beatle like album. For that album the usual crew were joined by Neil Finn's older brother Tim, who provided a Paul-like melody to Neil's more John-like sound. It's my favourite Crowded House album for the depth the two different styles the brothers bring. As well as some Beatlesque harmonies. They even have a song by their (zany of course) drummer.

--- End quote ---

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: Sir John Johns on December 16, 2013, 09:35:07 PM ---Together Alone just edges Woodface for me, but it does have the same esthetic - Private Universe being the most Beatley track.

--- End quote ---

I haven't really listened to Together Alone as throughly. I should do so. Agree about Private Universe though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version